- Is Kim Komando her real name?
- Where can I listen to Kim on the radio?
- Can I send an email to Kim? Will she read it?
- How can I send Kim a press release?
- Are Web bugs used on Kim’s site?
- What are all those Google ads? Does Kim endorse them?
- Some of the ads seem misleading. Can’t they be screened?
- How do I choose which newsletters I receive?
- How do I change the email address where you send the newsletters?
- What do you do with my email address?
- I signed up for your newsletters but have not received them.
- How do I view newsletters in a larger font?
Komando Ambassador Program
- How do you keep track of my referrals?
- I sent someone an invite. How do I know if they subscribed?
- I referred someone and they never got the email.
- My friend said she subscribed but it’s not showing in my dashboard.
- I submitted my email address to get my link and it’s not in my email.
- How do I disable notifications in Chrome?
- How do I disable notifications in Firefox?
- How do I disable notifications in Internet Explorer?
- How do I disable notifications in Microsoft Edge?
- How do I disable notifications in Safari?
- How do I disable notifications on the iPhone app?
- How do I disable notifications on the Android app?
Watching videos and the show
- How do I watch Kim live?
- When is the show?
- Can I watch Kim on my TV?
- How can I listen to The Kim Komando Show podcast?
- How do I watch Kim’s DIYs and Watch-worthy Videos?
- When I watch a video, why does it pause or stop?
- I’m still having problems watching the live production. What can I do?
- Can I download Kim’s videos?
- How do I find the web links Kim mentions on air?
- How can I share a video with my friends?
- What is a podcast?
- Do I have to be a Komando Community member to hear the podcasts?
- Do I have to have a portable media player to hear the podcasts?
- How do I get the most recent podcast?
- How can I get your archived podcasts?
- How can I listen through a podcast app?
- Whenever I listen to your podcasts, my iTunes always fades at the end or they overlap and I miss some of your information. What can I do to fix it?
- I no longer want to get your podcasts. How do I stop getting them?
Is Kim Komando her real name?
Says Kim: “YES! Komando really is my last name, and I carry my birth certificate to prove it! My grandparents came to America from the Ukraine, and their name was shortened at Ellis Island. It dates to a late-16th-century group of marauding Cossack warriors – or something like that!”
Where can I listen to Kim on the radio?
Kim is on nearly 400 stations across the country. Use the Station Finder to find out how you can listen to Kim in your area. If Kim’s show isn’t broadcast in your city, join the Komando Community to listen and watch whenever you want!
Can I send an email to Kim? Will she read it?
The answer to both questions is “yes;” however, due to the number of messages she receives, a personal reply to every message just isn’t possible. Click here to email Kim.
How can I send Kim a press release?
If you are a PR representative, use this form to submit releases.
Are Web bugs used on Kim’s site?
No. Web bugs are tiny images embedded in Web pages that track a user’s online activities. This site uses small, static images as design elements only. Some security programs may misidentify such images as Web bugs.
What are all those Google ads? Does Kim endorse them?
No. Kim does not endorse Google’s advertisers. Kim only endorses products she trusts. We run Google ads to support the large number of tips, buying guides and news reports we generate for our readers.
Some of the ads seem misleading. Can’t they be screened?
Google screens ads appearing in its network, although, according to Google, some ads may run before Google’s AdWords staff has had the opportunity to screen them. Additionally, we kick advertisers off our site when we notice an ad we don’t like or when we receive a complaint from our visitors. Should you have a complaint, please report it here. Remember to include the full name of the advertiser and its web address (URL), if possible. We will remove ads with inappropriate or misleading content. You can also complain to Google on this complaint form.
How do I choose which newsletters I receive?
Go to Komando.com/subscribe and enter the email address that receives the newsletters. All newsletters you are subscribed to will be checked. Uncheck any you no longer wish to receive and leave the ones you would like to continue receiving checked, then click “Update.”
How do I change the email address?
You can manage your newsletter subscriptions for different email addresses at Komando.com/subscribe. If you’d like to stop receiving them at one address and start receiving them at another, simply subscribe the new address to the lists you like and unsubscribe the old address for all lists.
What do you do with my email address?
Kim’s newsletters come with her 100% spam-free guarantee. Your email address will never be sold. Kim’s newsletters are also 100% CAN-SPAM compliant. You may opt out at any time by unchecking the newsletter(s) you no longer wish to receive at Komando.com/subscribe.
I signed up for your newsletters but have not received them.
When you sign up for my newsletters, you’re automatically sent a welcome email. Click on any of the links inside that email to manage your subscription. If you’ve already done that, check your spam or junk mailboxes to make sure they aren’t getting routed there. Be sure to review our step-by-step instructions for receiving Kim’s newsletters.
How do I view newsletters in a larger font?
At the top of the newsletter, click the “View this email in your web browser” link. An HTML version of the newsletter will open in your default web browser.
In most browsers, you can press “CTRL” (or “CMD” on a Mac) and the plus key (“+”) to increase the font size. “CTRL” (or “CMD”) and the minus key (“-“) decreases the font size, and “CTRL” and “0” (zero) returns it to normal.
How do you keep track of my referrals?
If you click on an Ambassador link in one of Kim’s newsletters, or request an Ambassador Program link here, you get a unique, dedicated link to a page that’s tied to the email address with which you subscribed. So whenever you invite a friend to join from that page, our system is able to determine who sent the invite. That’s how it can tell which subscriber to credit with the referral when the invitee signs up.
I sent someone an invite. How do I know if they subscribed?
Start at the unique Ambassador Program page link you get at the bottom of Kim’s newsletters (or request it here). Below the name and email fields, there’s a button labeled “VIEW MY REFERRALS,” which links to a running tally of all the email addresses you’ve sent invites to and when the invite was sent. If the recipient has signed up for any of Kim’s newsletters, you’ll see a timestamp under the column labeled “Enroll Date.” If that column is blank, that recipient has not yet signed up.
I referred someone and they never got the email.
No problem! Since you invited them, you’ll get the referral credit no matter how or when this person signs up. Ask your recipient to visit Komando.com/subscribe and sign up, and you’ll get the Ambassador Program credit.
My friend said she subscribed, but it’s not showing in my dashboard.
First, check to make sure you spelled your friend’s email address exactly right when inviting her. If you did, it’s possible she’s already been referred by someone else – only the first person to invite her by that email address will actually get the referral credit.
I submitted my email address to get my link, and it’s not in my email.
First, check your “spam” or “junk” folder. If it’s there, make sure to whitelist email@example.com so it doesn’t go there next time.
If it’s not in your “spam” or “junk” folders, no worries – you can request it here. (To prevent possible abuse, the system only allows one such request per day.)
What if I lose my dedicated link? How do I get back to my page?
You can always request it again here. (To prevent possible abuse, the system only allows one such request per day.)
Disabling notifications on Chrome is easy, but it may be a little difficult to find. Here’s Google’s how-to page, and here are the steps:
- Click the three vertical dots on the top right of the browser to open a dropdown menu.
- Select “Settings.”
- Scroll down to open “Advanced.”
- Scroll to “Privacy and Security” and click “Content Settings.”
- Under “Content Settings,” click “Notifications” to get to the management page.
- Block/allow whatever websites you choose.
To turn them off completely, toggle the “Ask before sending” button, and enjoy sweet, uninterrupted browsing!
Here is the Firefox how-to page, and here are the steps:
- Click the three horizontal bars on the top right to open a dropdown menu.
- Select “Options” with the gear next to it.
- Go to the “Privacy and Security” page.
- To the right of “Notifications,” click “Settings.”
- A window will open and you’ll be able to see what websites you allow and block notifications from.
If you don’t want those annoying pop-ups to appear on websites about notifications, you can check the box at the bottom and save your changes!
To edit your notification preferences on Internet Explorer, click here for Microsoft’s how-to page, or follow these steps:
- Click on the little gear on the top right of the browser.
- From the dropdown menu, click “Internet Options.”
- On the new window, from the tabs at the top, select “Privacy.”
- Under the “Pop-up Blocker” section, click the “Settings” button.
- This will show you the websites that are allowed or blocked from sending you notifications.
You can edit your preferences here. You can also set your preference on level of notification allowance.
To edit your notification preferences on Edge, click here for Microsoft’s how-to page, or follow these steps:
- Click on the three horizontal dots at the top right of the webpage.
- From the dropdown menu, select “Settings” at the bottom.
- Scroll to the bottom and click “View Advanced Settings.”
- Scroll until you find the “Notifications” section.
- Click the button that says “Manage” under notifications.
- Here you will be able to see what websites you allow and block notifications from.
If you want Microsoft Edge itself to stop sending notifications, you need to manage that through your computer under the application notification settings.
If you’re a Mac user, you’re more than likely using this browser. To edit your notification preferences, follow these steps:
- Click on the menu bar on your Mac.
- Select “Preferences.”
- Under “Preferences,” select “Websites.”
- In the column on the left, select “Notifications.”
- Click on the website addresses you wish to stop receiving notifications from, and then click the “Remove” button.
If you have our app on your iPhone and would like to disable notifications, follow these steps:
- Click the “Settings” gear.
- On the “Settings” page, click “System Settings.”
- On the next page, select “Notifications.”
- This will give you several toggle switches for changing notification settings, including disabling them altogether.
If you have our app on your Android and would like to disable notifications, follow these steps:
- Click the “Settings” menu (the three vertical dots).
- On the “Settings” page, click “Push Notification.”
- This will give you several toggle switches for changing notification settings, including disabling them altogether.
What happened to Komando Shop?
We closed the Komando Shop. After 10 years of connecting you with gadgets, technology and fun stuff through an online store, we’re shifting our focus. You can still purchase Kim’s eBooks for your Amazon Kindle, or read them for free as a Komando Community Pro member.
I need help with a product I bought from Komando Shop. What do I do?
Contact us for help with your Komando gadget by calling 1-800-KOMANDO or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What happened to Kim’s Club?
Komando Community is the new Kim’s Club. It has lots of new features and is easier to use. If you are already a Kim’s Club member, you were automatically moved over to the new Komando Community. For more FAQs, visit the Komando Community FAQs page.
How do I watch Kim live?
We film every episode of The Kim Komando Show with 10 HD cameras and stream the live production – it’s a blast to produce and watch.
Want to join in the fun? Join the Komando Community! Once you’re a member, you can log in, and in the navigation bar, go to “Watch” and pick the episode you would like to view. Click or tap on it to start playing the episode in your browser.
When is the show?
The Kim Komando Show is recorded every Friday from 12:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Pacific time. Komando Community members can watch the show and participate in the chat room on Friday during the recording of the show.
On Saturdays, The Kim Komando Show is broadcast on over 400 radio stations nationwide and globally on Armed Forces Radio. Visit Station Finder to find your local station.
Komando Community members can log in and stream the show on Saturday from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Pacific time (9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Eastern time). The chat room is also open at that time.
Does Kim have a TV show?
The Kim Komando Television Program airs on the prestigious Bloomberg Television Network every Saturday at 12:00 p.m. Pacific time (2:00 p.m. Eastern). Contact your cable provider to find your Bloomberg channel. Click here to watch previous episodes.
How can I listen to the show podcast?
Komando Community members can listen to The Kim Komando Show as a podcast by visiting community.komando.com/listen. You can also listen to The Kim Komando Show as a podcast on your Amazon Alexa-enabled audio device just by saying, “Alexa, play The Kim Komando Show.”
Can I watch Kim on my TV?
There are a few options for watching The Kim Komando Show on your TV:
Chromecast or Apple Airplay
The Kim Komando Show can be cast to your TV with Chromecast or Apple Airplay. You’ll want to log into your Komando Community account on a computer, tablet or phone and start to watch the show (click here to go directly to the show page). If you have casting enabled and a cast-compatible TV, an icon will appear in the bottom right of the video player. Click or tap it to select which device you want to cast it to. Both the device you are watching the video on and your TV need to be on the same Wi-Fi network.
You can stream The Kim Komando Show to your TV from your computer, laptop, tablet or phone by using an HDMI cord. You’ll want to log into your Komando Community account and start to watch the show (click here to go directly to the show page), then connect the HDMI cord to the output of your device and to the HDMI input on your TV.
How do I watch Kim’s DIYs and Watch-worthy Videos?
Komando.com offers free, informative, short videos for everyone to enjoy. You can also find fun, educational “watch-worthy” videos that Kim hand-picks every day. You can watch them all here.
When I watch a video, why does it pause or stop?
Most likely, your Internet connection is too slow. If your speed isn’t what your service provider advertises, contact your ISP and have them check it out.
I’m still having problems watching the live production. What can I do?
Make sure your computer is less than five years old, as older systems may not be able to handle the processing power that our stream requires.
If you’re on a portable device, make sure you’ve updated to the latest versions of your system’s software. Also, make sure you’re using the fastest connection available to you — usually, this will be a Wi-Fi connection.
If you’re still having issues, contact us at email@example.com.
Can I download Kim’s videos?
No – the videos are available for online streaming only. Komando Community members, however, can download the show podcasts, which are audio versions of the show.
How do I find the web links Kim mentions on air?
The links to websites Kim mentions in her show are available on the Show Picks page.
How can I share a video with my friends?
You can share any video with your friends and family with the click of a button. Just locate the sharing icons on every page. There are options to share using Facebook, Twitter, ShareThis and more. Click your preferred sharing method and enter your information.
What is a podcast?
A podcast is an audio file that you can stream or download. We release podcasts of The Kim Komando Show weekly for Komando Community members to enjoy. New podcasts of the weekly radio show are available every Saturday at 7:00 a.m. Pacific time.
Do I have to be a Komando Community member to hear the podcasts?
Podcasts of The Kim Komando Show are available only to Komando Community members. Join here!
We also offer other podcasts free for non-members to enjoy. Click here to see the full list.
Do I have to have a portable media player to hear the podcasts?
No, they are available in MP3 format. You can download them to your computer and play them with Windows Media Player, iTunes or any other program that plays MP3 files.
How do I get the most recent podcast?
To access The Kim Komando Show podcast, you must be a Komando Community member. Once you’ve logged in as a Komando Community member, on the left navigation menu, click “Listen” and find the episode you want to hear. Click “Play” to listen or “Download” to save the episode as an MP3 file.
How can I get your archived podcasts?
Kim Komando’s free podcasts are available on Apple iTunes and Google Play.
How can I listen through a podcast app?
To access The Kim Komando Show podcast, you must be a Komando Community member. The Kim Komando Show podcast feed works in the Apple Podcast app, as well as any Android or iOS app that supports authenticated feeds.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Find the option in the podcast app of your choice to “add feed” or “add URL.”
- Enter the feed URL: https://community.komando.com/feed/tkks/.
- When prompted, enter your Komando Community username (your account email works, too) and password.
Here are some walkthroughs for commonly used apps:
To listen to the free podcasts, you can search for “Consumer Tech Update” or “Komando On Demand” in the directory of your podcast app. You can also use the subscribe links on the landing page for each show:
Whenever I listen to your podcasts, my iTunes always fades at the end, or they overlap and I miss some of your information. What can I do to fix it?
Your crossfade playback could be active. This will fade the ending of the current podcast and fade into the beginning of the next. To turn it off, click “Settings” on your podcasts page. Select the “Playback” tab. Remove the check next to “Crossfade Playback,” and click “OK” to save the changes.
I no longer want to get your podcasts. How do I stop getting them?
To stop receiving podcasts in iTunes, go to the “Podcasts” page, highlight the podcast you no longer want to receive, and click “Unsubscribe.”
To unsubscribe on Google Play Music, select “Podcasts” from the main menu, then “Your Podcasts.” Tap the icon for the podcast you wish to unsubscribe from. This opens a panel with several options. Tap “Unsubscribe” at the bottom.
How do I get the free Komando.com App for my phone and tablet?
The free Komando.com App is available for your phone and tablet. The app makes it easy to get breaking tech news 24/7, the latest security alerts, free podcasts and so much more. To learn more, and to download, visit Komando.com/app.
Using the Komando.com App to listen to podcasts
You can listen to the free podcasts right in the app. Just tap the podcast you want to listen to, then tap on the gray bar that says “Listen.” If you tap “Listen” again, you can access controls to pause playback or skip to the next podcast.
Komando Community members can listen to the full show podcast by tapping “The Show” at the top of the screen. This will take you to Komando Community so you can log in. Once logged in, you can listen right on the page or download the files to your device. If you have a weak connection, downloading the podcast first will work best.
If you’re having trouble loading the podcast in the app, use the internet browser on your phone to download or listen to the podcast right from the Komando Community website.
Please email our developer at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of your issue. Include your device model, along with the following in the subject line, “Feedback for the Komando.com App.” If you have any other issues or suggestions, you can reach the Komando support team at email@example.com, or call +1 (800) 566-2636.