If you don’t have antivirus software, you’re putting every internet-connected gadget you own at risk. We’ve shared countless horror stories over the years. Something as simple as an unchanged router password can be an entry point for an invader to shut down your phone or even taunt your children through a security camera or smart speaker.
All the devices you own probably tell a detailed story about your personal life. Our computers and phones are critically important, from work emails and important documents to family photos. Are your devices truly protected? If you don’t have antivirus software installed, the answer is no.
Not all antivirus programs are created equal. Some won’t give you the comprehensive protection you need in our increasingly dangerous digital world. That’s why we’re sharing three critical reasons to upgrade to Kim’s pick and our sponsor, TotalAV.
1. Cybercrime is getting worse
You undoubtedly heard about the catastrophic cyberattack on the Colonial Pipeline, which took down 5,500 miles of the nation’s largest gas pipelines. Ransomware attacks are incredibly costly for your wallet and mental well-being.
Manipulative hackers prey on your panic and fear once you realize your critical files are inaccessible. While your stress is at an all-time high, they demand a ridiculous amount of money. In 2020, the average payment cybercriminals demanded was $178,000, Coveware research found.
If that weren’t scary enough, you could still be cheated even if you do pay. You might feel optimistic and hope that the hackers will hold up their end of the bargain once you’ve drained your bank account. Unfortunately, that’s just wishful thinking.
The State of Ransomware 2021 reports that only 65% of data gets restored after paying the ransom. That means you should never pay if a ransomware attack hits your system.
There’s no denying the ubiquity of cybercrime in today’s digital world. To make matters worse, their techniques improve every day. This brings us to the next big reason you should upgrade your antivirus software.
2. Hackers are getting smarter
Earlier, we touched upon the way ransomware works. Here’s more detail: Hackers break into your computer, ransack all your files and programs, and encrypt everything. You won’t be able to access any of it. It’s a total violation of your work and your personal life.
Now, criminals have beefed up their techniques. They’ve invented a new method called double encryption. That’s when they encrypt your data twice at once.
By layering two types of ransomware on top of one another, they’re tricking you into paying double the original ransomware amount. Let’s say they demand $5,000 to decrypt your data. The hackers lift the first layer, only for you to find the second layer beneath.
To finally get your data back, they demand another $5,000. Just like that, they’re two times richer, and you’re robbed of your money and pride. Bottom line: Don’t expect hackers to show you mercy.
Lower-level attacks are getting more difficult to spot, too. Spoofed websites look just like the real version you’re looking for, down to the logos and fonts. The only difference? The forms you fill out shuttle your info right into the greedy hands of cybercriminals.
Spam emails and texts continue to get more convincing, too. Gone are the days when scams are packed with red flags you’re sure to notice. Since these clever criminals are constantly creating new scams to steal your money, you need a powerful antivirus program to protect your gadgets.
3. Your computer’s built-in defenses aren’t enough
Take a second to consider all the sensitive information stored on your computer and smartphone. You probably have tax forms, bank details, medical paperwork and more.
These are essential items you can’t afford to lose. And then there’s the cost of replacing a computer that is inundated with pop-ups, malware you can’t remove and the other junk that comes with getting hacked.
Listeners often ask Kim for her antivirus recommendation. After looking over the top industry options, she stands by TotalAV. Here are a few reasons why it’s the best option out there:
- It works on all your devices: All your gadgets need equal protection. TotalAV has you covered, whether you use a PC, Mac, iPhone or Android. Its all-in-one security software works across all your platforms.
- It makes your tech run more efficiently: TotalAV can improve your smartphone, computer or tablet’s performance. Since it removes junk files, it can clear up extra space. It can also reduce background processes, improving your battery life. There are a few other features it provides on top of those.
- It busts shady websites ahead of time: When you’re surfing the web, shady sites put you in a ton of danger. A single wrong click could infect your computer with malware. TotalAV stops you before you swim into these shark-infested waters.
- It gives you firewall protection: These are essential for protecting your computer. Otherwise, hackers could enter your system through an exposed networking port. TotalAV gives you remote access to your device’s settings, meaning you can easily protect yourself against online threats.
Good news: You can get this five-star protection for a steep discount. TotalAV has an exclusive deal just for you. Buy now, and get real-time antivirus protection for all your gadgets for $100 off. An entire year of protection is just $19. You really can’t beat that.
Go to ProtectWithKim.com to save 85% on total protection you can trust. What are you waiting for?