With less than two weeks to go until Super Bowl LIV (Feb. 2), it’s one of the best times of the year to buy 4K TVs. Retailers are marking down sets, knowing many shoppers are looking to upgrade for the big game.
Super Bowl TV deals may even be better than the deals offered on Black Friday. For Black Friday, retailers concentrate on jaw-dropping “doorbuster” pricing and dirt-cheap models to get shoppers in the door and tempt them into other holiday purchases. Tap or click here to see what other times of year offer huge sales.
Those shopping for the Super Bowl TVs are deliberately shopping for high-quality sets that will enhance their viewing experience, so the standards are a bit higher. We’re seeing a lot of the same prices we saw during Black Friday, but retailers are concentrating their deals on bigger screens and higher-end models.
Here’s where to shop for TVs for the Super Bowl this year (prices and availability are subject to change):
As is always the case with Amazon, deals change every day. But it’s offering a huge variety of discounts on TVs, home audio equipment and streaming equipment in anticipation of the big game:
- Get up to 47% off Samsung QLED smart TVs with Alexa compatibility. QLED sets deliver a better picture over their basic LED counterparts.
- Get up to 22% off Sony 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TVs.
- Find up to 57% off projectors for a super-sized Super Bowl viewing experience.
- Amazon is offering discounts on its Fire Stick and Fire Stick 4K, which you can use to stream the game (via the Fox Sports App). Currently, you can get the Fire TV Stick 4K bundled with the Echo Dot for $79.98 (about $20 off the cost of these items separately).
- Over the past few days, TVs and projector screens have been featured as Lightning Deals, so be sure to check back regularly.
The electronics giant is offering 50-inch and larger 4K TVs starting at $259.99.
- If getting a low price is the most important factor to you, Best Buy is offering 55-inch TCL 4 Series Smart 4K Roku TV for $279.99. That’s right about where we saw this set price-wise on Black Friday and about $50 off the full cost.
- If you’re looking to make the upgrade to OLED, you can pick up an LG OLED 65-inch B9 Series 4K set for $1,799.99 ($500 off). This is one of the lowest prices we’ve seen on this particular model and closely tracks with the Black Friday price.
If you’re a Costco member, consider shopping the big game Savings TV sale, which runs until Feb. 2. Some sets have already sold out. If you’re looking for huge screens (65 inches and up) and OLED, this is the sale to shop.
- Get an LG OLED 77-inch C9 Series for $4,949.99. If a huge upgrade is in the budget, this deal is one of the lowest prices seen on this particular model. Your price includes a $100 SquareTrade three-year warranty.
- If your budget is smaller, you can get a Samsung 65-inch 6 Series 4K TV for $479.99. This matches the price we saw from several retailers on Black Friday.
If BJ’s is your warehouse club of choice, it’s offering big discounts on big screens in advance of the Super Bowl.
- Get a Samsung QLED 75-inch 4K Smart TV for $1,499.99 ($1,500 off). A $50 Google Play credit sweetens the deal.
- For a lower-price option, check out this deal: You can get an LG 65-inch 4K Smart TV for $769.99 ($700 off). This deal comes with a 6-month Disney+ subscription. Disney+ costs $6.99 a month, so this is roughly a $42 value.
If you are a Plus member, you can get 3X Cash Rewards when you buy a TV priced $997 and up. But all members can get the following deals:
- Get a Samsung 75-inch 4K TV for $899. This deal is for online shoppers only.
- Sam’s is also offering a Tech Savings sale through Feb. 2, for additional discounts on select items. For example, get an extra $20 off a Vizio SmartCast 36″ 5.1 Wireless Soundbar System, bringing the price to $179.88 for a soundbar, subwoofer and satellite speakers.
If you want to upgrade to 4K at the lowest price possible, Walmart has plenty of options.
Get a Samsung 70-inch 4K TV for $598. This deal is roughly what we saw during Black Friday sales and gets you a 70-inch 4K TV for under $600.
A soundbar is an affordable way to upgrade your sound beyond what your TV’s built-in speakers provide. Walmart is offering a slew of soundbar discounts (upwards of $100 off in some cases). For example, get a Samsung 3.1 Channel 310W Soundbar System with Wireless Subwooferfor for $187.99 ($112 off).
By taking advantage of these sales, you can get a better TV for the big game, as well as a new set for all the entertainment you’ll be watching throughout the year. Your next chance at TV deals will be in the spring or summer, when new models start hitting the shelves.
Amazon’s Prime Day (in July) will also offer TV deals. And then, of course, there’s Black Friday.
Kristin McGrath is a shopping expert and editor at Offers.com, a leading coupons and deals website on a mission to save shoppers time and money every day.
By clicking our links, you’re supporting our research, as we may earn a very small commission. Recommendations are not part of any business incentives.