Most of us could use some additional funds from time to time. Whether you're planning a family vacation, looking to remodel your home, or need a new car, a few extra dollars would really help.
Whatever your reason, making extra money has never been easier than it is today. You could work from home for a major corporation like Amazon. Or, start driving for one of the ride-share companies in your spare time.
There's even a fun way to earn extra money from home that you might not know about. I'm talking about getting paid for your opinions by taking surveys online.
Businesses are always looking for input from customers on how they can improve products and services. Now, you can get paid for offering up your thoughts. But you probably don't know where to begin.
That's why we're going to tell you the best survey sites to make extra money.
Companies love to hear what consumers think because it helps them make better products. You just need to connect with one and you can turn your opinion into rewards.
Market research company Ipsos operates a service called i-Say.
After you sign up, it will send you surveys covering a wide range of topics. The average user gets about eight surveys per month.
You can sign up to get email notifications, or occasionally check the website. To access and fill out surveys, you can log in to the i-Say site on your computer, smartphone or tablet.
Every complete survey gives you reward points you can use to exchange for gift cards or products at major retailers. Plus, every survey you finish gets you an entry into a drawing for prizes like overseas vacations, TVs, iPads, gift cards and more.
Ipsos is very clear that you won't get rich with i-Say, but it is good for a little extra spending money. You might also be a lucky winner and get a gift card or that gadget you were saving up for.
Click here to get started with i-Say today.
Swagbucks is a site that lets users earn rewards for their activity. Members are rewarded with free gift cards and cash for the everyday things they already do online.
Here are some of the ways you can earn points on the site:
- Shop online - Cash back shopping at over 1,500 retailers including Amazon, Walmart, Target, and Starbucks. Earn Swagbucks points for every dollar you spend plus get access to exclusive deals and coupons to your favorite retailers.
- Answer surveys - Share your opinions and get free gift cards. Earn points when you answer fun surveys and polls.
- Watch videos - Watch entertaining videos and get free gift cards. Earn points for watching playlists that the site has put together just for you.
- Discover offers - Get free gift cards when you check out exclusive deals and offers from well-known brands. You earn points when you sign up for new services, check out free samples, and more.
- Search the web - Earn pints when you search the web using Swagbucks' Yahoo powered search engine.
Click here to start earning points with Swagbucks today. The site also offers a free mobile app for both Apple and Android gadgets so you can earn points on the go.
iPoll is another site where you can earn rewards for your opinions.
The site offers free rewards - gift cards, airline credits, and more just for sharing your opinions about the products you buy and places you visit. Plus, you can do it wherever you are - at home, in the office, at the beach -anywhere with the iPoll app.
Get rewards for every iPoll mission that you complete. These include fun tasks such as visiting a store, taking pictures and testing products. The more missions you complete, the more rewards you will get.
Here's how it works:
- Create a profile - First, you'll provide some basic information about yourself to help determine which mission you will be most interested in.
- Get alerts - You will receive an alert whenever there is a new mission available for you.
- Receive rewards - Once you complete the mission your iPoll account will be credited. You can then redeem your rewards at iPoll.com.
- Take surveys - You can earn more rewards by taking online surveys on iPoll.com
Click here to get started on iPoll.com today. Or, you can download the app which is free and available for both Apple and Android.
Focus Pointe Global is a marketing research company that has been around for 30 years. It gathers, collects and analyzes the opinions of individuals to reach a decision about products and services. That's where you come in.
Now, you can share your opinions with Focus Group to help companies improve their products, services and brand image. Getting involved is as easy as creating an account and taking an eligibility screener that will determine if your experiences with certain products or services are a match to the research it needs.
Here's how the site works:
First, you need to check if you are eligible to participate. Sign up for a free account and complete the eligibility survey. This survey will ask you specific questions about your age, gender, employment and so on.
Note that workers in some professions may be disqualified from participating in research about products in their area of work. For instance, as a member of the media working in radio, I'm disqualified from most surveys. The idea is to try to get opinions from average citizens rather than folks with insider information about the industry being researched.
But also consider that just because you complete the quick screening questionnaire, it doesn't mean that you will automatically be selected for participation. If you are picked, you will be contacted by one of Focus Group's recruiters for more information.
Once the recruiter verifies and confirms your information, you should be all set and ready to go!
Now for the fun part ... getting paid! For in-person sessions, you will get a check or pre-paid Visa card after the survey is completed. However, telephone and online surveys may take up to eight weeks to process.
Click here to visit the Focus Group site and create your profile.