Can you believe it's been 10 years since the original iPhone was introduced?
It's true. Apple held a special event to introduce the amazing smartphone to the world in 2007.
The popular gadget has come a long way since then. Better cameras, faster processors and more storage space just to name a few upgrades.
There are millions of these sleek, powerful devices being used by customers all over the world. Many of them all look and sound alike, but I'm sure you'd like to make yours stand out from the crowd.
That's why you need to know about these three clever ways to customize your iPhone or iPad.
How to customize your wallpaper
Customizing your iPhone's wallpaper is one of the easiest ways to give it that personal touch. Wallpaper, of course, is a digital image used as a decorative background for your iPhone or iPad.
Most gadgets come with a default wallpaper on their home screen that you'll see when you power it on for the first time. Choosing one of your own photos, or one of your favorite works of art as your background is a great way to show off your style. Here are the steps:
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Wallpaper.
- Tap Choose a New Wallpaper.
- Select location - This is where you will find the image you want to use for your wallpaper. You have four options to choose from: 1. Dynamic - Circles that float around the screen and respond to your gadget's motion. 2. Stills - This is Apple's image gallery. 3. Live - This is Apple's Live Photo images gallery that animate when you 3D touch them (your gadget must support 3D Touch). 4. Libraries - These are all the images stored in your Photos app including Camera Roll, Selfies, Live Photo and Screenshots.
- Tap the image you want to use.
- Adjust default settings - If you're not happy with the default settings, you can adjust them. 1. Move and Scale - If it's one of your photos, you can slide it around and pinch-to-zoom in and out to frame it the way you want. 2. Motion - Select if you want it still (no motion effect), perspective (moves slightly as your gadget moves), or Live Photo (if available, animates on 3D Touch).
- Tap Set.
- Set location - Tap Set Lock Screen if you only want to change the Lock screen wallpaper. Tap Set Home Screen if you only want to change the home screen wallpaper, or tap Set Both to change the home screen and lock screen wallpaper.