Do you want to take your Android expertise to the next level? If you read our everyday essential tricks for your Android, you might feel like you have everything you need to know to go about your daily Android life.
But think again. From blocking calls to naming a song that's playing, maybe a few more advanced tricks will have you saying "I wish I knew this all along."
These five tips will definitely power up your Android experience.
1. Set up your phone to automatically unlock
Do you find it too cumbersome to keep unlocking your phone in trusted places like your home? Well, here's a tip you can try.
Introduced in Android 5.0 Lollipop, Smart Lock is a feature that lets you automatically unlock your Android phone without entering your passcode, pattern lock, or password under certain conditions.
The options for Smart Lock are as follows:
- On-body detection - your phone stays unlocked as long as you hold and carry your phone.
- Trusted devices - pair your phone with another device such as a Bluetooth smartwatch to keep it unlocked when it's nearby.
- Trusted places - add a location where the phone is unlocked, for example, your home.
- Trusted face - if your Android phone supports it, unlock your phone with facial recognition.
2. Plug in a mouse or keyboard
Did you know that you can connect an external wired mouse, keyboard or game controller to your Android gadget?
All you need is a USB On The Go (OTG) cable like this item they sell on Amazon.
An OTG cable is an adapter that converts a regular micro-USB port into the standard sized one so you can connect a variety of peripherals.
Connecting an external peripheral to your Android gadget has its advantages since a mouse will display a cursor and a keyboard, apart from accurate typing, will let you do keyboard shortcuts.
Not all Android gadgets support this setup, though, so make sure you check beforehand.