As you probably already know, Facebook is one of the most popular social media sites around. There are an estimated 1.79 billion monthly active users worldwide. That is just astounding!
Facebook is always adding new features to keep users coming back including Facebook Live, 360 VR content and "On-This-Day" flashbacks, to name a few. The social networking site is also a great tool to stay in touch with friends and family.
Facebook Messenger is one of its most useful features. There are even several features hidden within Messenger that you might not even know about.
Here are some useful tricks to help you get the most out of your Messenger experience.
Send video message
Instead of typing a message or sending a picture, you can send a video that you make through Messenger. You can create and send a video lasting up to 15 seconds. Here are the simple steps:
- Open conversation- Either open a previous conversation or begin a new one with someone on your contact list.
- Tap the camera icon - You will see a camera icon under the box where you are asked to type a message.
- Allow camera access - If you have not already done so, once you tap the camera icon a pop-up menu will ask you for access to the Camera and Microphone. Click OK.
- Allow Messenger to access the Microphone - The first time you create a video, you will be asked to allow Messenger to Access the Microphone. You only have to do this the first time, videos you create in the future will already have access. Click OK.
- Record video - Hold down the shutter button to record your video. The camera will record whatever it is pointed at for up to 15 seconds. Release the shutter button when you are done recording.
- Send video - To send the video just tap the Send button.