Bonus tip: How to make your batteries last longer, safely
Once you have decided which battery to stock up on, you'll want to make them last as long as possible. Here are a few rules to follow that will make your batteries last longer in the safest way:
- Keeping unused batteries stored in a cool, dry place will help them last longer.
- If you know you're not going to use a gadget for a few months, take the batteries out and store them in a cool, dry place.
- Before putting new batteries in your gadget, clean the contact surfaces and battery compartments with a cloth.
- Don't mix and match batteries in the same device. If the device calls for multiple batteries use the same brand, type and age. This is a safety precaution.
- Once a battery dies, dispose of it immediately and keep it out of the reach of young children. You can even recycle batteries if you so choose.
- If a battery feels like it's overheating, stop using it. If it gets too hot it could damage your device.