The number of American households that are cutting the cable TV cord is growing every year. A study by eMarketer says that by 2017 there will be almost 6.5 million U.S. households that will no longer pay for cable television. Another 17.8 million households never paid for cable to begin with, according to the same study.
Let's face it, with the number of streaming services out there, it's difficult to justify the hefty monthly bills from cable and satellite providers. Services like Netflix, Hulu and Amazon even have original programming on top of everything else you can stream. These services offer a less expensive alternative to cable and you can save hundreds of dollars a year.
If you choose to join the trend and become a cable cutter yourself, you need to add an HD antenna to your system. An HD antenna will allow you to pick up local channels, and several others, that will let you watch live TV for free. You might be surprised at how many free channels you can pick up with an HD antenna.
When you hear the word antenna, you might think of old school rabbit ears that struggled to give you fuzzy reception. Those days are over!
With an HD antenna you can pick up over-the-air (OTA) broadcast channels such as ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, CW, PBS, ION and many others. Many of the most popular television shows, along with sporting events and local news are broadcast on OTA television in High Definition. FOR FREE!
Now that you have decided to cut the cable cord, what HD antenna should you get? Here are a couple of the best options out there:
The HDTV attic-outdoor antenna offers a completely new take on a traditional mounted system.
With its sleek, minimalistic design, the multidirectional antenna can bring high-quality programming to your TV without having to deal with a bulky, unsightly antenna that is difficult to install. Reduce clutter, save money, and get high-quality HD TV with the amplified outdoor antenna.
This Powerful Antenna Features:
- A 60-mile range
- Antenna mounting kit
- 30-foot, high-performance cable
- Dual powering options: USB or power cube
- CleanPeak™ filter technology that provides low noise, state-of-the-art amplification
- Does not have to be pointed
- 1-year part and labor warranty
The antenna is a powerful, amplified solution that was developed from research for the United States military. While it may seem similar to other basic and amplified HDTV systems, the attic-outdoor antenna is even better because of its multidirectional feature; it does not have to be constantly readjusted for optimal signal strength.
This advanced system provides uncompressed HD broadcast to multiple televisions in a home with a range of 60 miles! You no longer have to settle for a large, bulky, or more expensive rooftop-mounted antenna.
The Komando Indoor Amplified HD Antenna is a razor-thin antenna that is easy to set up, and brings you over-the-air broadcasts from major networks. No monthly fees, subscriptions or contracts!
You can continue to enjoy your favorite top-rated shows from prime time, along with news, sports, documentaries and, of course, cooking shows! Everything you need to get started is included in the box. The easy installation and compact 13-inch x 12-inch design makes it great for use in homes, RVs or campers while traveling or even in your office.
This digital TV antenna is easy to install, can be setup in minutes and will allow you to get beautiful HD TV for free! Stop wasting your money on expensive cable bills, get the Komando Indoor Amplified HD Antenna and start saving money today!
Additional Features of the Money-Saving TV Antenna
- Captures full 1080 HD signals
- Reversible design (black on one side, white on the other)
- Up to 50-mile range
- Operational in the United States and Canada*
- Dual band reception - VHF/UHF
- Antenna has 20 dB gain
- Razor thin (0.02 inches)
- Size: 13" x 12"
- Easy to install
- One-Year limited warranty
Don't be fooled by myths
You shouldn't let negative rumors keep you from cutting the cable TV cord. Here are some myths that just aren't true:
- You can't watch live sports without cable - False: You can watch all major sports broadcasts on your local channels with an HD antenna. Also, almost every NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL and MLS game can be streamed to your TV for a subscription fee from each league's website.
- Modern TVs do not pick up local channels - False: Free local TV broadcasts are still transmitted through the air throughout the U.S. You just need an HD antenna connected to your television. Many TV stations also broadcast two or three additional channels that are not carried by cable or satellite.
- Cutting the cord doesn't save as much money as people claim - False: The average U.S. household pays over $1,000 a year for 189 channels of cable TV service. On average, only about 17 different channels are actually being watched. It makes sense to pay for just the channels you and your family watch.
- You will have to give up your favorite cable channels - False: Many cable channels are making the switch to internet streaming and more are constantly being added.