Weddings, concerts, baby showers - big events mean lots of photo taking. When it comes to the group photo, everyone wants it on their own phone, which can be pretty annoying for the photographer. And what if your friends captured some moments that you didn't see?
Luckily, photo sharing programs are the answer to these problems. You and your friends can upload your pictures to one folder and each of you can download and save your favorites. Apple and Android have programs that make it easy. Here are some steps for creating a folder to share pictures and video.
For iPhones and iPads that run on iOS 8 to iOS 11:
- Open the Photos app. Tap the 'Shared' tab at the bottom of the screen and then tap the "+" icon.
- On the new iCloud window that appears, name your album, hit "Next".
- In the next window, you have the option to select all the Contacts you want to share the album with by tapping the "+" icon. If not, just tap "Create" to create the new shared album.
- You can now add photos and videos to the new Shared album by clicking the "+" icon within the album, then select the media from your phone
- At any time, you can share the album with your friends by hitting the 'People' in the bottom right.
- Here you can invite more people to the album by clicking "Invite people". Type in their email address, phone number or just tap the blue plus sign in the top right corner to add people from your contacts list.
- To share the album online, toggle 'Public Website' to On and then hit 'Share Link' to post the public iCloud link on social media, email, etc.
For Mac computers, people can use the Photos app, the iPhotos app, and Aperture to share photos in an album. The instructions are very similar for each.
- Once you've opened one of these apps, select the photos and videos you want to share. Then click the 'Share' button in the toolbar.
- Click 'New Shared Album' or 'New Photo Stream' and name the album.
- Invite people to subscribe to your album by typing in their email address. Click 'Collaborate' or 'Subscribers Can Post' to allow friends to add to the album.
- To share the album online, select 'Public Website.'
- Click 'OK', 'Share,' or 'Create' to finish working on your album.
For Windows computers
- Open File Explorer (Windows 8 or later) or Windows Explorer (Windows 7), then select iCloud Photos. Click 'New shared album' in the toolbar.
- Invite people to subscribe to your album by typing in their email address and then name the album. Click 'Next.'
- Drag and drop photos or videos into the box or click 'Choose photos or videos' to select them from your computer files. Click 'Done' once you've added everything you want.