You know that unsettling feeling. You're searching for a computer file that you're sure you saved. But, ugh, you realize you deleted it.
It could be family pictures, important documents, and music; all gone forever. Fortunately, there are free apps that'll help you recover your files. Check out these nine that we've rounded up:
- Recuva Free - Finds and restores deleted files with just a few clicks.
- MiniTool Power Data Recovery - Helps you find and restore deleted files, with the help of a wizard-based interface.
- Wise Data Recovery - Scans for, and recovers files. Just one thing: It can't restore all the deleted files it finds.
- PhotoRec - Helps you find photos and videos that you thought were gone forever.
- Puran File Recovery - Finds and recovers files deleted from computers and disks.
- Paragon Rescue Kit - Helps you recover files that were lost in a computer crash.
- Glary Undelete - Helps you un-delete files you thought were gone for good, and restores them.
- Pandora Recovery - Finds and helps recover archived, hidden, and even encrypted files.
- PC Inspector File Recovery - Recovers files with their original date stamp.
If we missed a file-recovery program you like, let us know in comments.