Instagram account @sadtopographies finds the saddest sounding places on Google Maps, and some of them really do sound depressing. These 11 real locations are "somewhere to go, when you're feeling low."
- Mount Disappointment, Victoria, Australia
- Lonelyville, Fire Island, New York, United States (photo above)
- Devastation Island, British Columbia, Canada
- Suicide Bay, Tasmania, Australia
- Pity Me, Durham, United Kingdom
- Failure Canyon, Samak, Utah, U.S.
- Desperation Lake, Alaska, U.S.
- Broken Dreams Drive, Arivaca, Arizona, U.S.
- Heartache Road, East Helena, Montana, U.S.
- Lonely Island, Ontario, Canada
- Despair Island, Portsmouth, Rhode Island, U.S.
There are more than 100 locations the account has found. Which ones do you find particularly sad?
Note: Have you signed up for Kim Komando's Travel with Kim newsletter? If not, it's free. Sign up here.