Apple's voice-activated virtual assistant Siri has changed the way you search the Web. Just say what you're looking for, and Siri finds it for you (or tries to).
Now, Siri can help you while you're watching TV. Siri responds to your voice commands, if you're using the newest version of Apple TV. You don't even have to pick up a remote control!
Try these commands:
- "Play the [SHOW] episode with [GUEST STAR]." But, even if you don't remember all those details, say as much as you know. Siri will figure out the rest for you.
- "Play [SHOW] season [#] episode [#]." Save time and spare yourself an achy thumb. Instead of scrolling through Netflix to find a specific episode, let Siri do it.
- "Jump forward/Rewind [#] minutes." Just in case you forgot to pause when you were doing the laundry, or you want to fast-forward through the slow parts.
- "Who stars in this?" When you can't think of an actor's name, just ask and you shall know.
- "What did he just say?" If the dialog is getting hard to hear, Siri rewinds Apple TV a few seconds and turns on closed-captioning.
- "Reduce loud sounds." Louder noises like explosions or commercials are softened, and your ears stay happy.