Thanks to digital photography, digital music and digital video, it's easy to fill up the storage space on any gadget you have, whether it's a 64GB phone or a 2TB computer. Fortunately freeing up that space can be done faster than filling it.
So what are you waiting for? Get that space back on your PC's hard drive. All you have to do is follow these simple steps!
- Empty the recycle bin. Files in the bin still take up space
- Disk cleanup. Go to Start>>All Apps>>Windows Administrative Tools>>Disk Cleanup. Then select the disk drive to clean. Get more free tools to clean your computer.
- Use a second drive or external drive to store large files.
- Uninstall unneeded apps or programs. Go to Settings>>System>>Apps & features. Sort by size, then uninstall the largest files.
- Save to the cloud. Files in the cloud can be viewed from anywhere and don't need to remain on the hard drive
And here's a bonus tip: disable hibernate mode. When in hibernate, your computer will take a snapshot of the memory to boot up faster, but it uses three-quarters of your RAM, which can slow down your system.