Having a new computer with no security software is like having a door without locks - bad idea. That's why it's very important to check your computer for any potential security holes, and patch them up fast.
Tip within a tip: Your computer isn't the only thing you need to worry about. There are tons of threats lurking online. Click here for 5 habits you need to embrace to improve your online security immensely.
But where do you even start?
You might think it's a complicated process, but making sure your computer is safe is actually really easy. To see if your computer needs a patch, just follow these simple steps:
- Open Control Panel and click "System and Security."
- Under "Action Center," click "Review your computer's status and resolve issues."
- Look for red alerts to tell you where the most serious issues are.
- Search your computer for antivirus software so you can address the issue.
- If you don't have any, Windows will give you the option to "Find a program online."
Want more tips that are quick and easy? Click here to check out our Flash Tips for step-by-step guides on everything digital.