T-Mobile and Sprint have officially merged to create the New T-Mobile. The new supercharged Un-carrier will deliver a transformative 5G network, better products at low prices, and continue to be a brand consumers love.
What does that mean in practice? Faster speeds, even stronger coverage and innovation for customers in booming cities and rural areas alike. Let’s dive into the New T-Mobile’s commitments.
Investing intothe network
More capacity, higher speeds and a better network sounds great, but it doesn’t happen on its own. T-Mobile is investing $40 billion over the next three years to make these goals a reality.
The combined assets of T-Mobile and Sprint are expected to unlock at least $43 billion in synergies for all shareholders, too, by reducing redundant cell sites and deploying new technology faster than the companies could separately.
A stronger, faster network for ALL
From the top down, T-Mobile recognizes just how important a solid network is for its customers and is taking significant steps to amp up the first and only nationwide 5G network.
“During this extraordinary time, it has become abundantly clear how vital a strong and reliable network is to the world we live in,” T-Mobile’s new President and CEO Mike Sievert said.
“With this powerful network, the New T-Mobile will deliver real choice and value to wireless and home broadband customers and double down on all the things customers have always loved about the Un-carrier.”
And these aren’t just words. Here’s what you can expect:
- More capacity – The network will have 14 times more capacity 6 years from now than T-Mobile alone has today. That means customers will be able to upload and download content in faster speeds!
- Faster speeds – Customers will have access to average 5G speeds up to eight times faster than current LTE in just a few years and 15 times faster over the next 6 years. That means you’ll be able to download your favorite videos, songs, etc. even faster!
- 5G network– Within 6 years, the New T-Mobile will provide 5G to 99% of the U.S. population and average 5G speeds in excess of 100 Mbps to 90% of the U.S. population. You’ll be able to get 5G signal where you live, work and play.
- Rural coverage – New T-Mobile’s business plan is built on covering 90% of rural Americans with average 5G speeds of 50 Mbps, up to two times faster than the average broadband coverage today. That means better and faster coverage stretches beyond big cities to small town rural areas too!
“The supercharged 5G network that we’ll build as a combined company will be a huge step forward, transforming wireless, fueling innovation and delivering new experiences for customers all across the country that we can’t even imagine today,” said Neville Ray, president of Technology at T-Mobile.
A better network at lower prices
What are the most important factors that you look for when it comes to your wireless provider? We’re willing to bet price falls in line with coverage.
All these changes must mean a jump in your bill, right? No. The New T-Mobile is committed to delivering the same or better rate plans for the next three years, which includes access to 5G.
That means ALL customers can reap the benefits of the supercharged Un-carrier network at a great value.
A brand you’ll love
T-Mobile has a formula their customers have loved for years, and it’s quite simple: they listen to their customers, eliminate pain points and give customers what they want. This recipe for success has made them the fastest and growing wireless brand in the country.
With New T-Mobile, they will supercharge this formula to go beyond pain points and do what’s good for communities.
The New T-Mobile is pledging not only to be a bigger company but also a better company. Here are a few of the initiatives that the company plans to launch:
- First responders – The Connecting Heroes Initiative will offer free unlimited talk, text and smartphone data to ALL first responders at ALL public and nonprofit state and local fire, police and EMS agencies.
- Free internet access – Project 10Million will deliver free internet access and hardware to 10 million households over the next 5 years to help close the homework gap.
- Outstanding customer service – New T-Mobile customers will also receive industry-leading customer care. And all post-paid customers will have access to T-Mobile’s award-winning Team of Experts.
What’s the bottom line?
“With this powerful network, the New T-Mobile will deliver real choice and value to wireless and home broadband customers and double down on all the things customers have always loved about the Un-carrier,” Sievert said. “T-Mobile has been changing wireless for good — and now we are going to do it on a whole new level!”