Last year was rough for everyone and wasn’t the best time to discuss something as trivial as April Fool’s Day, nor was it the time for pranks. However, with the roll-out of the vaccine, a little bit of hope has wiggled its way into everyone’s heart as the world begins to open up. Just in time for April Fool’s Day!
We all have seen hysterical videos of well-done pranks that leave us in stitches. Most of us remember the days of our childhood when our parents and friends would sneak a little trickery into our day on April 1st. As this infamous trickster holiday rolls around again, it might be time to have a little bit of fun. Short on ideas? Look no further than your friendly Alexa-enabled device.
That’s right, Alexa can do a lot of things, including assisting you with pranks. Curious? Read on to find out how to use Alexa to bring some mayhem into your friend’s and family’s lives. Curious about Alexa’s other features? Tap or click here for clever uses for your Amazon echo that you might not have thought of yet.
What’s Alexa doing for April Fool’s Day?
Believe it or not, you can do a whole lot with your Amazon echo in preparation for this upcoming jokester holiday but start by asking Alexa a simple question. “Alexa, what will you be doing for April Fool’s Day?”
Alexa will answer with the following prompt, “I’ll be showing off my best fools spirit. Give me a P-R-A-N-K-S, what does that spell? Pranks. Just say, teach me a prank.”
Alexa will respond with the same prompt every time you ask her what she will be doing for April Fool’s Day, but you’ll get dozens of hilarious responses if you ask her to teach you a prank. Her nefarious suggestions will leave you rolling on the floor with her punny wordplay.
Here are a few April Fool’s Day pranks to try:
- The Rick Roll – Hide an echo in the bedroom of the person you want to prank. Then ask Alexa to set a music alarm by waking you up to the song “Never Gonna Give You Up.” Be careful though, after being Rick-rolled, they might just wanna give you up.
- The Not So High Chair – For this one, you’ll need to lower someone’s office chair one notch every day until they notice. Beware, the person you’re pranking may react with a short temper.
- This prank is called Silverware – For this one, switch the contents of your kitchen drawers. For maximum results, swap the utensils with the junk drawer. But be warned, this prank might cause them to say, “What the spork?”
- The Spongecake – Use an assortment of dish sponges and arrange them into the shape of a cake. Then cover it with frosting. If it’s a special occasion, we’d recommend having a real cake as a backup. Otherwise, you’ll get deserted.
What else can you do to involve Alexa in pranks?
Amazon has some great options to elevate your April Fool’s Day game. You can use Skill Blueprints to create some hilarious preprogrammed options to mess with people all day long.
You can use Skill Blueprints to create custom quizzes. Head to Skill Blueprints Custom Q&A. You can choose sample questions and answers or create your own. You don’t need to open this skill by name. You can just ask Alexa a question.
Here are a few custom quizzes to try:
- “Alexa, who’s the best mom in the world?” You create a custom answer to play when your kids are in the room.
- “Alexa, who rules the world?” Create a custom answer like, “Currently, you are the queen over all of creation.”
- “Alexa, whose turn is it to do the dishes?” Think of something witty like, “It’s your husband’s turn to do the dishes because you’ve changed the last 2,000 dirty diapers and fair is fair.”
Feeling really sneaky? Try Alexa’s burn option. It’s very easy to set up. Head here to add the burn content and customize your list. There are witty burns already preprogrammed, for example:
- You oughta think about being an astronaut… on a one-way trip to Pluto.
- You’re so dense, light bends around you.
- You’re my favorite person besides every other person I’ve ever met.
Once you’ve set up a pre-set list of burns, all you have to say is, Alexa, roast me! You can also preprogram it to roast somebody else.
If you feel up to some devilish pranks this April Fool’s Day, enlist Alexa in your shenanigans. Curious what else Alexa can do? Check out the 25 most useful skills for Alexa that you’ll use over and over again.
See if you can spot a real human from one created by AI