Amazon’s Alexa is constantly getting wiser and more helpful. This doesn’t happen by accident.
New skills are being added to the virtual assistant’s base all the time. That’s why we’re present a weekly series highlighting some of Alexa’s newest skills.
This week, we’ll tell you how to have fun discovering new music, singing karaoke with the kids and more. Plus, you’ll learn a few fun and helpful Alexa commands that are trending.
New Amazon Alexa skills you’ll use over and over
How would you like to discover new artists while playing a fun game? Alexa’s Music Mash skill can make it happen. It includes a wide variety of artists and songs from all genres.
Alexa will play three clips of a song and you need to guess which one is correct. In single player mode, you will earn points and unlock new artists every time you guess correctly. Compete against yourself and try to get the best score ever.
You can also compete with friends and family. Challenge up to four people in multiplayer mode. Every challenge is unique because the difficulty level adjusts in each round based on your responses.
Here’s a skill the little one’s will have lots of fun with. It’s called Kids Karaoke and is full of songs that will bring you back to your childhood.
“Old MacDonald had a farm,” “Twinkle twinkle little star” and “I’m a little teapot” just to name a few. The kids can get a head start on their singing career with this one.
Kung Fu Panda
One of the great perks that comes with being an Amazon Prime member is Prime Video. You can watch tons of content that will keep you entertained for days. There’s an Amazon original series titled “Kung Fu Panda: The Paws of Destiny” that the kids are sure to love.
Now, you can incorporate the Kung Fu Panda skill to keep the fun going. Dragon Master Po will personally instruct your kids in a course of Kung Fu knowledge, encouraging them to move their bodies and expand their minds.
Try these fun and helpful Alexa commands
You don’t always have to enable a new skill to take advantage of Alexa’s knowledge. Just ask her some questions and let the fun begin. Here are a few commands to try that are trending with Amazon.
- “Alexa, no soup for you.”
- “Alexa, when does Game of Thrones return?”
- “Alexa, play new music on Amazon Music.”
- “Alexa, learn my voice.”
Get your personalized experience for music, making calls, setting location-based reminders, and more, when Alexa recognizes your voice. Set up your voice profile today. Learn more.
- “Alexa, what’s the question of the day?”
- “Alexa, drop in on the kitchen.”
- “Alexa, what is your favorite hobby?”
- “Alexa, what is the next book by Rachel Hollis?”
- “Alexa, sing Woohoo Technology.”
- “Alexa, when does March Madness start?”
- “Alexa, how’s the Dow Jones doing?”
- “Alexa, open Word Play.”
- “Alexa, when is Ash Wednesday?”
- “Alexa, can you do an impression?”
- “Alexa, help me create a chore chart.”
- “Alexa, help me track my tasks.”
- “Alexa, who’s on dish duty tonight?”
With the Chore Chart, Task Tracker, and Whose Turn Skill Blueprints, you can create personalized Alexa Skills to help organize and simplify your life at home.
Bonus: Listen to our Komando On Demand podcasts with Alexa
Komando on Demand
Ever wonder how technology has transformed your life? In this entertaining and informative podcast, Kim Komando provides insight on the ever-changing tech issues and topics that are relevant to you. This free podcast features interviews that Kim conducts with experts in their field.
You’ll gain an in-depth understanding of a wide variety of topics such as the dark web, the life of digital nomads, staying focused on the road, what it takes to keep the lights on and so much more.
How to enable the Komando on Demand podcast skill on Alexa:
- Say: “Alexa, enable Komando on Demand”
- Alexa will then confirm that the skill is enabled
- Then say: “Alexa, tell Komando on Demand to play the latest episode”
- Alexa will play the latest episode and also give you additional commands you can use.