Move over Candy Crush! A new app is here to entertain you. If you’ve ever looked at a painting or sculpture and wished your face was on it, technology has finally evolved to make it happen. If you are curious what else you can do with your phone, tap or click here for nine apps Kim uses right now.
An already fun app has been updated to include some new revolutionary features that will allow you to put your face on…well, anything!
If you are feeling creative or want to be silly, Reface can make it happen. Let’s check out this app’s new feature that lets you put your face on any object.
You butter believe it
Reface has existed for a while, but a new update has revolutionized the face-swapping game. Previously you could only animate and face-swap using preexisting clips available in the app.
RELATED: 9 apps you have never heard of but should be using
A recent update allows you to upload photos of just about anything and put your face on it. Do you want to be the new Mona Lisa? Reface can make it happen.
It uses a special type of technology called GAN (generative adversarial network) algorithms. Using this technology, the app can warp your face and recreate it on other photos.
Once your face is on the uploaded photo, you can animate it and even make it sing to tracks available on the app. The downside? You’ll have to upgrade to Pro if you want to use the feature.
The iOS version is free to download but offers in-app purchases. You can start with one week for $4.99 or choose an entire year for $39.99. You can download the iOS version here.
The Android version is free to download but offers in-app purchases. Your options are a little less expensive, get one week for $3.99 or choose an entire year for $29.99. You can download the Android version here.
How to use Reface
If you already own the app, you’ll need to update it by going to the App store. If you are new to the app, here’s how to set it up.
- Open the app and press Get Started.
- Choose to either Take a Selfie or Upload from Photos.
- Confirm the photo.
- Choose whether you want to start with a week or a year subscription.
- Start making face-swap videos and photos to share with the world!
If you already own the app or have successfully set it up, here’s how to use the fun new feature:
- Open the app.
- Press the plus button.
- Click Animate.
- Upload the image you’d like to Reface.
- Get to work.
Let’s give ’em something to taco ’bout!
Before you download the app, you may be curious just what you can put your face on. While the answer is everything, we’ve had some fun creating some wacky ideas to help get you started:
- Let’s cut to the cheese – Using reface, you can become the face of your refrigerator, quite literally. Put yourself on condiment bottles, the brie in your cheese drawer, or even an avocado.
- That was a sheep shot – Ever wanted to be a farm animal? Well now you can! Ok, even if you have zero interest in spending your life as a sheep, putting your face on your family dog or a farm animal is likely to make everyone laugh.
- Paris, I Louvre you – Traveling soon? This is a great opporutiny to use the Reface app. Who wouldn’t want to make a singing video of the Eifell tower, with their face on it?
- Wax on, Wax off – If you’ve dreamed of being a famous actor but life didn’t work out that way? Use the Reface app to literally put yourself in your favorite movie. Maybe you can meet Mr. Miagi after all.
What’s happening with your face
It only has access to the information that you provide. When it comes to your information, it’s used to create custom ads to target you in the future, but it’s not sold to third parties. Your created images are also stored locally on the app, and Reface doesn’t use your face for anything else.
Concerned about other apps using your information in the wrong way? Tap or click here for 10 apps you need to remove right away.