Looking to get a new iPhone for you or a loved one as we draw ever closer to Black Friday? You’re in luck – the holiday season is a fantastic time to pick up the best deals out there on phones, and we’ve got some great picks for you to peruse.
Whether you’re thinking about dropping some cash on a shiny new piece of tech for yourself or for a very lucky gift, consider some of these Black Friday smartphone sales while making that ever-important shopping list and heading out (or hopping online) this holiday season.
iPhone XR, iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max deals
The newest addition to the iPhone cadre, these phones are exorbitantly pricey if you buy them when they’re not a part of a special sale. Luckily, there are a few deals out there that we already know about that might strike your fancy.
- Walmart is offering a $300 gift card if you purchase the iPhone XS or iPhone XS Max phones in-store, and it’s a deal that won’t be available online. You’ll need to make sure you get to the store and get in line with enough time to sit and wait for a representative to help you, and Black Friday is when the store is the most packed. This deal also applies to the iPhone XR, just in case you were looking for a different “X” model to pick up – all pretty great prices, so long as you’re also planning on picking up service for your phone and signing a contract at the same time.
- Similarly, Target will be giving out a $250 gift card with the purchase of either phone model when the phones are purchased and set up via AT&T, Sprint, or Verizon. The same rules apply – you’ll only be able to take advantage of this deal in-store, and you’re only getting a gift card that must also be spent in-store.
- Meanwhile, Best Buy is offering a deal where you can simply save up to $150 by purchasing an iPhone XR, iPhone XS, or iPhone XS Max and then activating it on the AT&T, Sprint, or Verizon networks.
iPhone X, iPhone 8, and iPhone 8 Plus deals
- Head to Walmart to get a $400 gift card to pick up any of the crop of new phones from last year’s selection of Apple products. The same rules apply as the $300 gift card offer for iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max deals, in that you have to buy your phones in-store and you get a store-based gift card in return.
- Target is offering a $150 gift card for your trouble, in the exact same vein.
- Best Buy is offering $200 of savings on the iPhone X, but no deals currently on the iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus.
Older iPhone deals
Not looking to get the latest and greatest iPhone, but want an upgrade? There are a few sales going on with the same retailers that you should keep an eye on.
- The iPhone 7, when activated on Sprint, Verizon, or AT&T networks at Best Buy, will net you $150 back upon purchase.
- Walmart will be running the iPhone 6 on sale on Straight Talk or Total Wireless prepaid plans for just $99, and discounting the iPhone 6S Plus on its Straight Talk plan so it will go for $299.
There are plenty of opportunities for shoppers this Black Friday to snag some decent deals, but be advised that you’ll need to commit to a contract for most of them. ‘Tis the season – get out there and get to shopping!
Bonus: What’s the true cost of an iPhone? You’ll be surprised. Tap or click below to listen to Consumer Tech Update.