The holidays are just about here again, and that means it’s time to start looking around for the best deals on all the hottest electronics and items your friends and loved ones want the most. You know that’s going to include a new smartphone, for many folks, and there are plenty out there to choose from.
There’s an astounding selection of Android phones available, even more so than iPhones, so it can be difficult to see what’s on offer in one place.
Retailers have already shared many of their upcoming Black Friday ads, so we’ve combed through what’s out there to help you get a head start on your holiday shopping. Check out which deals you can look forward to when Black Friday rolls around.
Black Friday deals on Samsung Android phones
This year, some of the most-wanted Android phones (perhaps even most) are Samsung releases, so naturally the big retailers are offering a selection of sales that encompass the heavy-hitters from 2018 like the Galaxy Note9 and Galaxy S9. Here’s what you can find when Black Friday 2018 is upon us.
- Walmart is giving Galaxy Note9, Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9+, Galaxy S8, and Galaxy S8+ buyers a $300 gift card when they purchase this expensive new smartphone. It’s an in-store only deal, so you won’t be able to skip the massive lines and buy on the internet if you want that much cash back on your purchase. This deal is good only when you activate the service as well on AT&T, Sprint, or Verizon.
- Target is offering the same deal as Walmart with a $300 gift card on all the aforementioned phones, though Sprint is not included in the deal and the phones must be activated on either the AT&T or Verizon networks. There’s a limit of two phones per person as well. If you’re planning on making large purchases, you may want to opt for Walmart.
- Best Buy, on the other hand, is offering an unlocked version of the Galaxy Note9 for $200 off its normal price, and you get $100 more off the phone if you activate any eligible phone on AT&T, Sprint or Verizon. This deal also extends to the S9 and S9+. You can save $200 if your phone is unlocked, or $300 if you grab a phone on the AT&T, Sprint, or Verizon network, so make sure your phone is eligible before buying. Additionally, you can get an unlocked Galaxy S8 for just $450, which nets you $150 off its normal price.
Black Friday deals on Google Android phones
If Samsung isn’t your cup of tea, and you’re interested in the Google Pixel 3 or Google Pixel 3 XL and the family of related phones, there are still deals out there for you as well! Here’s what’s on offer:
- Target is running the Google Pixel 3 and Google Pixel 3 XL for $200 off with a Target gift card. It’s a doorbuster deal with limited quantities and only available in-store, and you must also sign up for Verizon service.
- Best Buy is taking $200 off both of the Google Pixel 3 and Google Pixel 3 XL phones, but you have to subscribe to Verizon service in return to get the cash back. If you’d rather opt for the Pixel 2 or Pixel 2 XL, that’s an option too, as you can save up to $400 on the phones by signing up (again) for Verizon service.
Now’s the time to take advantage of these special deals, so don’t delay.