Are you ready to save? Amazon’s third annual Prime Day is just around the corner. It’s a special Black Friday full of discounts and this year it’s on July 11.
Before you pull out your credit card, there are a few things you need to know. Keep reading to learn about all the best deals that are coming your way.
First and foremost, Prime Day only applies to Prime members. Membership costs $10.99 per month or $99 for the whole year but you can get a 30-day free trial. Some people sign up for the free trial and then cancel shortly after Prime Day. However, after you read this list of all the Prime perks, you may want to keep your membership.
Secondly, it’s more like Prime week! The official date is the 11th but deals start at 9 pm EST on July 10. Amazon keeps details about specific Prime Day deals under wraps but there are special discounts in different categories leading up to the 11th. And right now you can save on lots of Prime features.
- Get 40 percent off a Kindle Unlimited (books) membership and an Audible (audio books) membership
- New Amazon Music Unlimited subscribers can get four months for only 99 cents
- Get coupons for up to 35 percent off of Prime Pantry food and household products
- New Amazon Prime Video subscribers will get a $10 credit just for watching a Prime movie or show on TV
Third – forming a strategy will help you get the most bang for your buck. Amazon has set up several ways for you to save but you should plan ahead so that you can take full advantage. And since new deals can pop up as often as every five minutes, it can be easy to get lost in the sauce and miss out on something you really wanted.
- If you download the Amazon app then you can enable push notifications when your watched and waitlisted deals go on sale. You can also drag items to a list to compare deals and get notifications when your item has shipped.
- If you have an Echo, Tap, Dot, or any other Alexa-enabled device then you are eligible for “exclusive Alexa Prime Day voice shopping deals.”
- If you use Amazon Prime Reload, a new cashback rewards system for refilling your account from your debit card, then you get 2 percent rewards on all your purchases. If you shop with the Amazon Prime store card then you can get up to 20 percent back on thousands of Prime Day items.
There are just a few highlights from Amazon’s Prime Day insider guide. Click here to read the entire guide and get ready to save big!