Sick of people standing too close to you? Here’s a great new way to enforce the six-foot social distancing rule: Sound a siren through your sweater!
That’s the idea behind SimpliSafe’s new sweater. The company that keeps your family safe and sound made its own festive garment this year, decked out in tech to inspire social distance.
When someone gets too close, a soft alarm sounds, and colorful lights blare across the wearer’s chest. The creation uses four low-resolution thermal cameras to monitor your perimeter. When a warm body approaches you, the sweater goes off. And there are even instructions for making your own.
A hilarious hit
SimpliSafe offered up the sweater, sans all the electronics, for charity. Actually, so many people bought them that these sweaters are now out of stock! It’s not hard to see why. In a year when we’re keeping our distance, it screams holiday cheer and “Give me my space!”
SimpliSafe calls its fancy sweater a prototype for one you can build yourself at home. It uses an array of controllers, LED lights, speakers and cables to flash when someone gets too close. An algorithm calculates the temperature around the wearer to detect people who get too close.
Pretty nifty way of telling others to keep their distance, huh? Although the SimpliSafe-branded sweaters are sold out now, you can still make your own version at home with any sweater you choose.
Want to make your own? Tap or click here to a list of supplies and steps to create a motion sensor sweater that goes off whenever someone gets too close to you.
Make sure to stay safe, though: SimpliSafe warns that only skilled tinkerers with prior experience with hobby electronics should take on this project. That’s because SimpliSafe, a sponsor of The Kim Komando Show, is all about looking after your well-being.
Sweaters aside, SimpliSafe is the best home security system out there
With our sponsor SimpliSafe, your home security system can be simple. You buy everything you need online, set it up yourself in under an hour and manage everything through the easy-to-use app. Here’s what you can expect:
- Easy installation: Set up your whole system in under 15 minutes, no drills required. Just stick the wireless sensors onto walls and you’re good to go!
- SimpliSafe Cameras: The SimpliCam records in HD video, and it’s always on the lookout for security threats.
- 24/7 live monitoring: For around 50 cents a day, you’ll get around-the-clock professional monitoring.
- No need for landline or Wi-Fi: SimpliSafe uses its own cellular SIM card. Even if your home phone or internet connection goes down, your home is protected.
- No long-term contracts: There are no commitments, no hidden fees and no activation or installation fees.
SimpliSafe is the best way to protect your family and your home. Don’t wait for something bad to happen. You can have complete protection and the peace of mind you’ve been waiting for.
Keep yourself and your family safe today! Visit SimpliSafeKim.com to protect your home and get a free HD security camera to get you started.