Do you love being creative and have an eye for direct response design?
One of the nation’s largest personality-driven news and entertainment organizations is seeking a strong, seasoned consumer tech writer to generate new, exciting and informative content for our website, electronic guides and subscription-based digital publications. This is a tremendous opportunity to work in a growing media environment.
We are looking for a skilled web designer with experience in designing responsive email newsletters, direct response, web pages, and digital banner ads.
Experience in an effective call to action and direct response messaging is a must. You will be provided copy but will be expected to turn the copy into a design with placement that effectively will get clicks. The first assignment is a template for cart abandonment and cancellation recapture emails to sign up for a Kim's Club membership. To get a better idea of our brand, go to club.komando.com and Komando.com.
For each project you'll have the opportunity to start from a concept, gather details on what's expected then come up with options and alternatives. If you're a roll-up-your-sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the work done kind of person, this job is for you.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide ideas and layout that fits in with industry trends related to direct response for online shop offers, for abandon cart, for web pages, for social banners, for email marketing.
• Experience in an effective call to action and direct response messaging is a must.
• Maintain freshness, creative excellence that will uphold and enhance the brand.
• Champion brand consistency - Ability to create materials based on existing style guides to fit brand image.
• Maintaining quality, organization and proper optimization for all digital platforms
• Design wireframes & web layouts for supporting microsites
• Brainstorm with other members of marketing team, and interdepartmentally, to conceptualize creative graphics for direct response
Skills and Specifications
• Minimum 1-2 years experience in digital design, graphic content design
• Excellent layout and composition abilities
• Strong understanding of UX/UI and user flow
• Attention to detail, with good follow-through
• Must be able to complete assignments in a timely manner and meet deadlines
• Able to multi-task in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
• Independent / empowered
• Have working knowledge of current and emerging digital design, illustration, and animation trends
• Keen and advanced knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite required
• Passion and drive for making the best even better
• Team focused and work every day with creative vision, resourcefulness and dependability
Education and Qualification:
• Bachelor’s degree in Web Design, Graphic Design or equivalent work experience
• Proven portfolio of work with hands-on, high-volume creative development
• Strong creative/graphic design skills
• Hands-on experience designing for HTML, CSS and responsive design preferred
• Experience using the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat) necessary
• Willingness to go above and beyond
• Highly creative and imaginative
• Strong sense of urgency combined with close attention to detail and organizational skills
• Ability to work on numerous projects simultaneously with aggressive turnaround deadlines and shifting priorities
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience in photography a plus
We offer a very competitive salary, depending on experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including: major medical, dental, vision, pharmacy, life insurance, 401k with employer match, and AFLAC group services. Paid time off includes: sick, corporate holidays, and personal vacation. This is a full-time, onsite position at our studio and corporate office in Phoenix, Arizona.
Email your resume, design samples, along with a completed WestStar Multimedia Entertainment application with salary requirements and if you’re willing to relocate at your own expense to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employment
We take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We recognize that our continued success depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees. Developing the right mix of skills, ideas and individuals requires an unwavering commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. Accordingly, we recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered without regard to an employee's race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, veteran status or disability.