Months into the pandemic, thousands of small businesses have shut down for good and millions are out of work. But it’s not all bad news on the jobs front.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, around 1.8 million new jobs were added during the month of July alone. Recovery, it seems, has already begun.
Of course, when it comes to finding a job during the pandemic, work from home careers are in high demand. If you’re looking for work, we have the listings you need, thanks to hiring data from our sponsor, LinkedIn. Here are 20 new openings — including remote opportunities — to supercharge your job search, along with tips for landing a new gig.
Check out these available work-from-home positions
Amazon: Amazon is expanding its ranks once again, adding 3,500 new corporate and tech jobs in Dallas, Detroit, Denver, New York City, Phoenix and San Diego. If you’re interested, visit Amazon’s career page and search for openings in your area. The company is still offering multiple remote corporate and tech positions, too.
The following positions are available at Amazon:
- Software development engineer
- Amazon Web Services solutions architect
- Security consultant
AT&T: One of the nation’s big three cellular providers and a major telecommunications company, AT&T has a variety of openings for work-from-home positions.
The following positions are available at AT&T:
- In-home sales expert
- Customer care representative
- Account Manager
Better Mortgage: A prominent home loan servicer, Better is adding more than 1,000 jobs to its workforce with an emphasis on hospitality employees.
The following positions are available at Better Mortgage:
- Customer Experience Associate
- Sales Associate
- Lead Copywriter, content
Crowdstrike: As one of the country’s most prominent cybersecurity firms, Crowdstrike is looking for seasoned writers, engineers and designers.
The following positions are available at Crowdstrike:
- Technical Writer
- User Interface visual designer
- Systems Engineer – data services
Dell: The legendary computer brand is adding several new white-collar positions to its ranks to fit the new work-from-home job market.
The following positions are available at Dell:
- Product Designer – VMWare
- Finance Controller
Merck: This pharmaceutical group is expanding its workforce at the executive level. If you have a background in science, management or analytics, these positions would be a good fit.
The following positions are available at Merck:
- Associate Director, Outcomes research
- Research Associate
- Senior Scientist, Vaccine process development
Okta: The cloud software developer is adding new management and engineering roles to its workforce.
The following positions are available at Okta:
- Quality Engineer
- Regional Marketing Manager
- Escalation Engineer
Outschool: Outschool understands how important remote schooling and virtual teaching has become in the wake of COVID-19. That’s why it’s hiring more than 5,000 experienced teachers to instruct online classes across the U.S. and other anglophone countries.
The following positions are available at Outschool:
- English teacher
- Math teacher
Phillips: The developer behind multiple world-class-appliances and gadgets, as well as a big-name multinational investor. Phillips is currently hiring for developer and manager roles.
The following positions are available at Phillips:
- Regional Sales Manager
- Technical Consultant
- Quality Engineer
Robert Half International: Robert Half International is a renowned staffing agency that connects talented workers with employers-in-need. In addition to open roles for staffers, the company is also hiring for corporate-level roles.
The following positions are available at Robert Half International:
- Remote Project Assistant
- Microsoft & Cloud Services Project Manager
Salesforce: Salesforce is responsible for one of the biggest customer relationship management (CRM) software suites in the United States. The company is currently hiring more than 2,000 new employees for a variety of open positions.
The following positions are available at Salesforce:
- Financial Services Solutions Architect
- Solution Engineer
- Business Value Services, Senior Manager
SAP: A major enterprise software development firm. SAP is currently looking for workers to occupy project-level responsibilities.
The following positions are available at SAP:
- IT Technology Consultant
- Expert Support Engineer
- Senior Cyber Threat Hunter
Service Now: This cloud computing company is recruiting new workers for engineering and support-level roles.
The following positions are available at Service Now:
- Advisory Solution Consultant
- Senior Support Account Manager
- Sr. Writer, Digital Marketing
Slack: Slack’s inter-company communication software has helped hundreds of businesses make the transition from the office to home. And now, it’s looking for new developer roles.
The following positions are available at Slack:
- Sr. Business Systems Analyst, Marketing
- Staff software engineer, Data
- Senior product designer
Stryker: This healthcare solutions company has a variety of openings ranging from management to finance.
The following positions are available at Stryker:
- Transportation Analytics Manager
- Staff Regulatory Affairs Specialist
Support.com: Support.com is a leading resource for businesses looking to staff customer service, technical support and call center roles.
The following positions are available at Support.com:
- Customer Services Technician
- Client Services Technician
Syneos Health: This pharmaceutical company is hiring for both support and senior-level roles.
The following positions are available at Syneos:
- Site Management Associate (remote)
- Lab Data Specialist
- Central Monitor
TTEC: This company operates numerous business-consulting services and is currently hiring more than 10,000 remote workers.
The following positions are available at TTEC:
- Contact Tracer
- Contact Tracing Supervisor
- Business Development Representative
ZenDesk: This CRM developer is looking for remote workers to fill both corporate and support-level roles.
The following positions are available at Zendesk:
- SEC Reporting Manager
- Software Engineer
- Enterprise Account Executive
Zoom: This quintessential video conferencing service needs no introduction. And thanks to its widespread adoption during the pandemic, there are plenty of open roles the company is looking to fill.
The following positions are available at Zoom:
- Telephony Engineer
- Anti-Fraud Engineer
- Data Scientist
Bonus: Getting hired in a remote-work world
Odds are, you won’t be showing up to your interview to shake hands in person. Instead, you’ll likely be introducing yourself over Zoom from the comfort of your home office or living room.
The hiring and interview process won’t look all that familiar to job-seekers who found work the old-fashioned, in-person way. Here are a few pointers to keep in mind while you send applications and keep in touch with prospective employers:
- Strength in numbers: Don’t limit the number of applications you send. Spread your net wide and try to apply to as many jobs as possible. Even if just one says yes to an interview, all it takes is one successful interaction for you to land a job.
- Build a better resume: Automated software will scan your resume before any hiring manager sees it. To get past these bots, make sure your spelling and grammar are on point. In addition, focus on emphasizing what you bring to the table with your experience rather than what you aspire to do. Tap or click here for even more awesome resume hacks to help you land a job.
- Don’t forget you’re being watched: Make the most of your upcoming Zoom meetings by making your setup as presentable as possible. Check the background that appears behind you in calls, make sure your camera angle is flattering and dress like you would for an in-person interview. A little effort can go a long way. And don’t forget to look at the camera! Tap or click here to see even more steps to success on Zoom.
If you join a company during these unusual times, you’ll have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to make a lasting impression on your new employer. Your reputation as a hard worker that adapted to the work-from-home lifestyle will be something that you can take with you to any jobs you land in the future.
And from what we can see, this kind of experience might give you an advantage over other workers. If working from home becomes the norm, employers will want workers they know they can trust. Tap or click here to see what you need to work from home successfully.
And don’t forget to share this with friends and family members who are also looking for work. You might just end up helping them land their dream job.