If you have a printer, you probably know it’s good for two things: first, helping you with office work, and second, burning a hole in your wallet. Even if you buy an affordable printer, you’re sure to hemorrhage money thanks to ink cartridge replacement costs. (You always think they’ll last longer than they actually do — but they seem to run out in a snap.)
This is especially true if you want to print photos; as we all know, pictures slurp up a ton of ink. Luckily, our sponsor Epson’s EcoTank printers cut out the costly middleman of ink cartridges, using its own user-refillable tanks instead. Out of the box, they can yield up to 11,000 black-and-white pages or 8,500 in color. You can save around 80% of the cash you’d otherwise spend on traditional inkjet cartridges.
Now, get ready for even bigger savings. Epson just announced it’s upgrading its beloved EcoTank printers to include new models specially designed for creative professionals and home offices that need a ton of papers. Basically, if you need a powerful, high-performing printer, you’ve got some great new gadgets to choose from.
Attention, photographers! These two printers are perfect for you
Two new printers are specifically designed for creatives. The EcoTank Photo ET-8500 and EcoTank Photo ET-8550 can print 4” x 6” borderless prints in as fast as 15 seconds, Epson says. (Plus, you can print them for about 4 cents each — compare that to the average of 40 cents each, which you’d pay if you used ink cartridges). They also have gray and photo black ink specifically for black and white art.
Not only that, but these two models deliver vibrant colors, smooth gradations and sharp text. They’re Epson’s only consumer photo printers that support Epson’s Signature Worthy media line, along with cardstock and other specialty media up to 1.3 mm thick.
They’re also compatible with the Epson Print Layout Software. (Never heard of it? It’s a downloadable application that helps photographers like you streamline the photo printing process.)
Here are a few other features you’ll get:
- Easy-to-access front-loading media trays
- A high-resolution flatbed scanner
- A 4.3-inch color touch screen display panel
- Wireless printing options.
- Wide-format, borderless prints up to 13” x 19” for greater creative project and output sizes
All that for a brand-new printing line that starts at $599.99. What’s not to love?
Got a small business? These printers pack a powerful punch for a low price
Say hello to Epson’s new EcoTank Pro printers. It’s launching the EcoTank Pro ET-5150 and EcoTank Pro ET-5170 with an entry-level price point of $499.99 to give your home office the support it needs. These printers are affordable ways for you to enjoy the best tech EcoTank has to offer; you’re getting high-speed, high-volume cartridge-free printing.
If you’re new to the Epson EcoTank series of printers, here are a few quick reasons why this brand is worth the switch:
- It has multiple models to fit whatever printing needs you have (for example, the two above are perfect for small businesses or demanding home offices).
- Each printer works this way: Instead of replacing ink cartridges, you just refill them with inexpensive ink bottles.
- Every bottle provides up to two years’ worth of ink in the box — that’s the same as around 30 cartridge ink sets!
- Plus, when your bottle runs dry, you’ll save up to 80% on ink with Epson’s low-cost replacement bottles.
Bottom line: You’re not wasting ink. Epson’s ink comes out of uniquely keyed auto-stop bottles and then flows into super-sized tanks.