Like most people, you’ve probably used Amazon Prime in the past, or even if you haven’t you’ve at least heard of some good reasons to sign up for the service. This includes plenty of reasons you may want to consider seizing the opportunity to utilize Prime perks.
We already know that members gain advantages which involve FREE fast shipping on eligible purchases, streaming of movies, TV shows and music, exclusive shopping deals, unlimited reading, and “Prime Day.”
However, there’s a lot more to Amazon Prime than meets the eye. Even today, there are a plethora of features that you may not even be aware of with its memberships.
If you’re looking to discover what comes with a current Amazon Prime membership, you’ll want to check out the list below. You might just see a perk that finally gets you to sign up.
What comes with Amazon Prime?
- Support your favorite charity
- Did you know that when you shop at smile.amazon.com, Amazon donates a percentage of all eligible purchases to the charitable organization of your choice? It allows you to do two things at once, where you can shop as well as support a cause you believe in at no additional cost to you.
- Bring Prime Video with you
- Portability isn’t just for Netflix users anymore. With Amazon Prime Video, you can download movies and TV shows, including Prime Originals and Exclusives, so you can watch and listen whenever you go offline.
- Amazon Household
- You can easily share your Prime benefits with the whole family. You can add a second adult, up to four teenagers, and four child profiles, after setting up your household. After creation, both adults in your household can get access to free Prime delivery, Prime Video, Prime Reading and more. Children can access parent approved digital content on their device but are not enabled to shop. Teens, on the other hand, can shop and get parent approved orders, as well as access particular Prime benefits.
- Amazon Fresh
- Prime members in select regions can pay an additional monthly fee to receive FREE shipping on all Amazon Fresh orders of $50 or more, or pay a flat delivery fee for each order they place under $50. For more information, check out AmazonFresh.
- Amazon Channels
- Watch some of your favorite shows and movies from HBO, SHOWTIME and STARZ channels and you don’t have to worry about a cable package. You can cancel anytime and there are no additional apps to download. This is $4.99–$14.99 a month extra for Prime members.
- Twitch Prime
- Members will receive exclusive promotions on eligible pre-order games. Twitch.tv users can link their Amazon Prime account, get a free Twitch channel subscription every month, and exclusive access to free game content. For more information, go to Twitch.tv.
- Amazon Day
- Want a scheduled day to get your orders? Then you can actually choose a weekly delivery day for the items you purchase throughout the week and take the guessing out of when you’ll get that purchase.
- FREE No-Rush Shipping
- Don’t need your Prime order right away? You have the option to select No-Rush Shipping where you can earn rewards for future purchases.
- FREE Release-Date Delivery
- Want that pre-order and FREE Release-Date Delivery? Well, some products are actually eligible for pre-order delivery on their release date to ZIP codes within the continental U.S. Makes pre orders more convenient by having the product come to you the day it’s released.
- Prime Now
- Get FREE 2 hour Delivery on thousands of items, but this option depends on ZIP Code availability to an Amazon facility.
- Prime Locker
- Your home or office isn’t always the perfect place to get a package, and Amazon Locker self-service kiosks located across the U.S. can be a convenient alternative.
- Amazon Key
- Did you know you can turn your home, garage or car into a locker for your Prime deliveries with Amazon Key In-Car delivery? The Amazon Key system is coupled with some hardware and an app that allows you to lock and unlock doors from your phone. With the entry and exit video feature, you can now see who unlocked and locked your door and you can watch them in the Key app.
- Amazon Prime Day
- Amazon Discounts
- Did you know that Amazon helps low-income families by offering a Prime membership discount? It’s available to customers with a valid EBT or Medicaid card.
- Amazon to offer free one-day shipping
- Prime members will soon get the advantage of free one-day shipping. The company is investing $800 million to get that rolled out nationwide soon.
As you can see, being an Amazon Prime member can have a multitude of benefits ranging from savings, shipping, and even special delivery placement methods. Amazon has been growing its list of services and products to associate with the Prime service since its inception.
You can imagine that many new features will join these and others in the future.
Amazon Prime is worth it if you plan to take advantage of all of the features it entails. Tap or click here to get your Amazon Prime membership.