It doesn’t matter whether you’re a college student, a retiree, or still working as a successful business person, we could all use a little extra cash from time to time. That’s why “cutting the cable cord” has become such a popular trend the last couple years. When done right, you can save hundreds of dollars per year on your television costs.
The best way to ensure that you get the best bang for your buck is to do some investigating before you make the switch. Don’t worry, we’ve already done a large portion of research for you that will really help. Click here to see our streaming service channel line-ups comparison chart that tells you which channels are available on popular streaming services.
As I said, knowledge is key to becoming a cord cutting expert. On top of knowing which channels are available on each streaming service, you also need to know what movies and TV programs are available and when.
That’s why we’re going to tell you about a few services that function like a TV Guide, helping you find what you want to watch.
Reelgood is a streaming hub where you can play shows and movies from all of your sources like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, HBO and over 50 others all in one app. The site allows you to track, search, discover, and stream TV shows and movies from a number of sources. Some consider it the TV Guide for streaming movies and TV shows.
Track all the shows you watch and add movies that you want to see. Your “Watch Next” section will tell you when you have episodes to watch or movies to stream. You’ll even get notified when shows that you’re interested in are available to stream.
Here are some features with Reelgood:
- Free sources – See where to legally stream top quality movies and TV shows from CBS, FOX, Crackle, MTV and more. Don’t pay for movies that are actually available for free online.
- Subscriptions – Watch programming from services that you have subscriptions with like Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Amazon Prime, Showtime, and dozens of others.
- TV everywhere – Have a cable or satellite subscription? Access your TV channels everywhere with Reelgood.
- Rental options – You can choose from HD, 4K and SD options from dozens of sources and never overpay.
To begin using Reelgood you’ll need to sign up for a free account. It asks for your name, email address, and then you need to create a password. It’s that easy.
Click here to visit the Reelgood home page to get started.
JustWatch lets you choose your favorite streaming providers and never miss when new movies or episodes of your favorite TV shows are added. Always stay up to date with the JustWatch Timeline.
What’s new on Netflix, Amazon Prime or Hulu? You’ll always be the first to know. Use a filter for your favorite streaming provider, genre or release year. The JustWatch Watchbar will remember your settings.
See all TV shows available on JustWatch with just one glance. You can filter by streaming providers with monthly subscription services like Netflix, Hulu+ and Amazon Prime Instant Video or find out where you can rent or purchase a TV show for download on services like iTunes, Google Play, Vudu and more.
JustWatch isn’t limited to home viewing either. The site helps you find all the new movies, which are playing in cinema right now. Read movie summaries, watch trailers and learn where to find tickets near you. If you missed out on seeing that summer blockbuster in the theater, you can find out where to stream, rent or buy it on JustWatch.
Here are some JustWatch features:
- One list for everything – All of your movies and TV shows are listed in one place. No more maintaining separate lists with each provider you use.
- Instant play – One click on the provider icon to start streaming your favorite titles immediately.
- Filters – Use the all the filters you love on JustWatch right in your Watchlist.
- Timeline – Stay up to date with a daily list of new releases for movies and TV shows on a multitude of streaming services.
- No login required – Your Watchlist is stored right in your browser, making it quick and easy to get started. A login-based version is available that allows cross-device syncing so you can view your Watchlist on any of your gadgets.
Can I Stream.it?
CanIStream.it is a free service that allows you to search across the most popular streaming, rental, and purchase services to find where a movie or TV show is available. If what you’re looking for is not available, just sign up, set a reminder and you will receive an email when your chosen service makes it available.
The site breaks down services into these five categories:
- Instant streaming – Subscription-based and free instant streaming services like Netflix and Hulu.
- Digital purchases – Services that offer the ability to purchase a show forever.
- Streaming rental – Services that offer time limited rentals (24-48 hours) for a small fee.
- Cable subscribers – Cable subscription services with online viewing brought to you by Xfinity.
- DVD/Blue-ray – Services that allow you to purchase or rent a physical DVD/Blu-ray disc.
Still not convinced that cutting the cord is right for you? Read this article for a more in-depth look at the phenomenon
Are you paying too much for your cable or satellite bill? The costs to simply watch television have gotten out of control. It’s not just the skyrocketing price of your selected channel package that you need to worry about. You’re also being charged for things that you might not even know about. That’s why you need these money-saving tips to cut costs on your cable.