Stay up-to-date with what’s happening in the digital world the easy way! Digital expert, national radio host and USA Today columnist Kim Komando wastes no time and gets right to the top stories, scams, security alerts, product reviews and crazy happenings in the world of tech. Listen and you’ll be in the know with Kim Komando!
February 23, 2018 • Tech News This Week
Selfies; a mental disorder?, Click yes for sex, the new hook-up app, Where are your kids and grandkids hanging out online? and more
Do you have “selfitis?” You might if you like to take a lot of photos of yourself. Why psychologists say they’re concerned with the trend. There’s a new app for consensual sex, all you have to do is click yes. Facebook turns to postcards to prevent foreign meddling in U.S. elections. All this and everything you need to stay up-to-date in today’s digital world from Kim Komando.
February 16, 2018 • Tech News This Week
The Equifax data breach is worse than we thought! Facebook’s new “protect” feature might not be protecting you after all. Microsoft wants to do away with passwords.
Equifax’s major breach last year exposed the private information of millions of people. But what we now know about it is even more shocking. We have more on the critical data that hackers got their hands on and what you can do about it. All this and everything you need to stay up-to-date in today’s digital world from Kim Komando.
February 09, 2018 • Tech News This Week
Another popular Facebook hoax is making the rounds. An iPhone X bug makes it almost impossible to answer the phone. And a smartphone screen made out of diamonds could be hitting the market soon.
Don’t believe everything you see on Facebook! Your friends are probably sharing a message about making sure they stay on your feed, but it’s a hoax. Plus, Apple responds to lawmakers on Capitol Hill and considers an offer for replacement batteries. All this and everything you need to stay up-to-date in today’s digital world from Kim Komando.
- A fitness social network unknowingly exposed the locations of secret U.S. military bases, Police could soon have a new tool to catch you speeding, A familiar tech word is added to the New Oxford English Dictionary, and more00:1902/02/18
- Tax scams target your W-2s, Big brother’s watching you drive, The hi-tech grocery store with no cashiers or check out lines, Facebook regulated like big tobacco? and more00:2201/26/18
- Apple and Amazon creating jobs and reinvesting billions into the U.S., Post-it note problem for Hawaii’s Emergency Agency, text-bombs and new ransomware targeting your devices00:2201/19/18
- Kodak is getting into Bitcoin mining, Design flaws in computer chips could put you at risk with hackers, Oddball gadgets introduced at the Consumer Electronics Show, LG unveils the Wall TV and more00:1701/12/18
- New year and new tech! What does 2018 have in store?, Mistake inside? A big security flaw in microprocessor chips. Find out why Americans are opting for streaming over cable and satellite and more00:2001/05/18
- New Year's "tech" resolutions. Get ready for distance wireless charging! A researcher discovers self-healing glass and more00:1712/30/17
- 235 Million Americans' personal information exposed, U.S. points the blame in the WannaCry malware, The biggest losers and wackiest tech of 201700:1912/22/17
- Breaking news on net neutrality, Facebook’s former vice president feels “tremendous guilt,” Netflix defends itself over “A Christmas Prince” Tweet and more tech news you need to know now00:1912/15/17
- 'Tis the season for Facebook scams, U.S. government uses drones for spying, Beware of fake phone chargers, and more tech news you need to know now00:1712/08/17
- Major Apple security flaw, Net Neutrality, Bitcoin crazy, Fake Russian ads on Facebook, and more tech news you need to know now00:1912/01/17
- Your password for sale on the Black Market, Connect toys putting kids at risk, what Apple has up its sleeve after the iPhone X, and more00:1811/17/17
- Facebook wants your nude photo, The end of Social Security numbers?, Netflix scam targets millions, and more00:1611/10/17
- Facebook accused of eavesdropping, Smartphone zombies are getting hurt, TripAdvisor hides travel warnings, and more00:1611/03/17
- The “Reaper” is attacking computers, Amazon asks for your keys, Pilotless airplanes take to the skies, and more00:1610/27/17
- What is Krack and why should you fear it?, Unlimited data coming soon for all, Fast food chain says put down your phone, and more00:1610/20/17
- Facebook founder fights off failure, Teens are being targeted by new online scam, How to know your email is being read, and more00:1610/13/17
- Viral fake news about Las Vegas shooting, Equifax breach keeps getting worse, Smartphones are mood-killers, and more00:1610/06/17
- Amazon is terrorists’ favorite place to shop, Google and Levi’s introduce Smart Jacket, More updates about the recent Equifax breach, and more00:1509/29/17
- A major iPhone X concern, New tech fights distracted driving, Amazon to update popular product, and more00:1709/15/17
- Massive Equifax breach compromises millions, Consumers aren’t excited about the iPhone 8, Major Facebook lies revealed, and more00:1509/08/17
- Are Snapchat and Instagram more popular than Facebook? Users lash out at Alexa and Siri, Amazon Prime Day customers watch out, and more00:1608/25/17
- Tech News This Week: Watch out for predators' new tricks, Facebook changes again, Microsoft Surface isn't that great, and more00:1508/18/17
- Disney is tracking your kids, Texting and walking becomes a crime, A warning to drone photographers chasing the eclipse, and more00:1708/11/17
- Find the best place to view the Solar Eclipse, Spy-like app sends free self-destructing documents, Google’s new ad program takes heat and more00:1508/04/17
- New tech helps crack down on texting while driving, Dangerous malware is invading Macs, Social media reunites a boy and his teddy bear, and more00:1407/28/17
- Online class teaches next generation of scammers, Are internet-connected toys cute or creepy?, A new way to keep teens off adult websites, and more00:1807/21/17
- Alexa calls 911 and saves a woman's life, Wireless charging laptop finally here, Internet service goes country, and more00:1707/14/17
- Late-night cellphone usage linked to teenage depression, How a court ruling in favor of Facebook affects you, Hack your own computer and more00:1407/07/17
- Protect your computer against ransomware attacks, Amazon’s ever-growing power, Google to stop spying on you and more00:1306/30/17
- Uber’s CEO resigns, 200 million voter records exposed online, First look at the Galaxy Note 8 and more00:1606/23/17
- Life-saving drones, Apple computers may be subject to viruses, Microsoft unveils most powerful gaming system and more00:1106/16/17
- How the NSA 'leaker' was tracked down using a printer, Apple unveils major updates to MacOS, Google launches campaign to protect teens online, and more00:1306/09/17
- Wrong GPS directions cost drivers countless hours on the road, Android takes on Apple with new smartphone design, Another security breach at large fast-food chain, and more00:1106/02/17
- More fake photos on social media after tragic bombing, How secure is the new Galaxy S8 iris scanner?, Target's $18.5 million fine, and more00:1105/25/17
- WannaCry cyberattack stopped by "accidental hero," Textalyzer to inspect driver's cellphone immediately after an accident, Hewlett Packard's The Machine to have the largest memory on the market00:1105/19/17