You should never rest on your past successes. To build a better future, you must constantly work hard, create new things — and keep your current assets in tip-top shape. Homes are especially demanding, so you need a home maintenance checklist.
Your home needs more than a deep clean each spring. You also must ensure you’re crossing off essential tasks like inspecting your roof. You should also inspect your home’s exterior to ensure it has good curb appeal.
On the topic of spring cleaning, don’t forget to clean your digital devices and furniture. Use these seven useful tools for a quick and easy digital spring cleaning. Throughout the year, you must ensure you’re on top of your assets, from your car to your home.
We’re making it easy with this five-step summer home maintenance checklist
You should use these tips each summer to prepare your home. These projects will also help ease you into the autumn transition. With this handy checklist, you can make summer maintenance simple:
- Clean up loose or rotted siding: Check your home’s exterior. If you find any issues, power wash the siding or bricks to eliminate all the gunk that has built up. This way, you can clean your home of dust, dirt, rot, animal droppings and more. You’ll also improve curb appeal.
- Repair your paint: This is another way to boost curb appeal. But it also will help to protect your home from the elements. When transitioning into autumn, you may have to brace for winter storms. Protecting your home’s exterior while the weather is still warm is best.
- Check your windows and doors: If you find any leaks, recaulk the seals. When the hot weather is fading and cool weather is creeping in, you’ll soon crank up the heaters. You can save some money on your energy bill by sealing your doors and windows.
- Clean your vents: This includes the dust in your dryer. If you don’t do this, clogged dirt, dust and lint could start a fire the next time you try to dry your clothes. While you’re at it, make sure to check the vents throughout your home. If you don’t clean them regularly, you’re breathing in dirt.
- Look for outdoor cracks: During winter, freezing water can fill the cracks in your walkways and driveways. This can become a huge safety hazard. That’s why you should fill out any cracks before it gets too late.
Another good home maintenance tip is to clear out your gutters each season. Don’t forget the downspouts, either. If you live in an area with summer storms, monsoons, haboobs and high winds, your gutter will fill up quickly.
It’s best to do this while the weather is still warm. Actually, we recommend doing everything on this list before it gets too cold out. If you want to take a vacation, follow these five steps to protect your home from burglars.
If you don’t act quickly, the snow might stop you from properly maintaining your home. This could cause a ton of headaches down the line.
Want an easy way to remember this summer cleaning checklist?
You’re in luck. In case you want a printable or shareable image, we put together a graphic you can download to your computer. Share this with your friends to ensure they keep their homes in tip-top shape.
If you do decide to share this summer maintenance checklist, tag Kim. She’s on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram. Let your friends know where they can get house cleaning checklists, cleaning tips and tech guidance that keeps them safe year-round.
When you examine your home, you might find a few issues. This means it’s time to call up a professional. Don’t take a chance on the first contractor you meet. Do what Kim does. She uses our sponsor, Angi. It’s a reliable tool that connects her with the best nearby contractors.
How Kim finds trustworthy workers for home improvement projects
Angi puts everything you need to tackle projects right in the palm of your hand. When you download the Angi app, you can find a professional to fix an emergency leak in minutes.
Planning a renovation? Angi will match you with the best contractor for the job. You can schedule seasonal jobs like an AC tuneup or routine maintenance like lawn care. Angi even lets you pay securely through its app once your home project is done. How easy is that?
Taking care of your home has never been this straightforward. Get Angi, your home for everything home. Download the free app today at Angi.com!