Season’s Greetings! The countdown to Christmas is speeding up, and hopefully, you have most of your holiday and grocery shopping finished. Tap or click here for some shipping deadlines to consider.
Most retail outlets are closed on major holidays, and Christmas might be considered the biggest holiday of the year. Even so, there are still some stores and restaurants that will remain open for guests and patrons to shop and eat.
Need to know which retailers will still be open on Christmas Day? We’ve got you covered! Keep reading for a list of locations that will be open on Christmas Day and Christmas Eve.
These retail outlets will be open in certain locations
Many stores are operating with reduced hours on Christmas Eve, so be sure to check your neighborhood locations for confirmed openings and hours. All locations will be open on Christmas Eve, some with extended hours.
- Albertsons – most locations open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- CVS – all CVS stores will be open, with regular 24-hour locations operating at reduced hours from 8 a.m to 9 p.m.
- Family Dollar – opening times will vary, but most locations will stay open until 10 p.m.
- Rite Aid – some stores will be open with reduced hours for in-store shopping or pick up, but other locations will remain closed.
- Safeway – most locations will be open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Schedules may vary on Christmas Day.
- Sheetz – hours may be affected but stores will be open. Bonus: you can pick up a cup of free coffee with your fill up!
- Starbucks – hours and openings will vary by location, so check with your favorite location’s hours.
- Walgreens – open with extended hours on Christmas Eve and reduced hours on Christmas Day. Check locations for schedules.
- Wawa – most Wawa stores will operate under regular hours, though some may be closed. Call your local Wawa for details.
- 7-Eleven – most 7-11 stores will be open 24 hours as usual. So you can get your Big Gulp fix this Christmas.
Restaurant locations to grab a Christmas meal
Many of your favorite local independent restaurants may be open, so check in with those eateries in your area to find out if and when they are open on Christmas Day or Christmas Eve. Be sure to confirm with the store nearest you.
A new consideration this year is Covid-19 and resultant regulations. If you plan to dine in check to see if your state is under stay-at-home orders prohibiting indoor dining. Otherwise takeout or delivery may be your only option.
Here are some popular spots that will have locations open for dining on the holiday.
- Applebee’s – open Christmas Eve and Christmas Day for dine-in or take out, depending on location and stay-at-home orders.
- Boston Market – select locations will be open Christmas Eve and Christmas for take out or delivery to help you feed your Christmas crew.
- Buca di Beppo – opens 11 a.m. Christmas Day, and offers takeout, delivery and in-store dining at some locations.
- Del Taco – select locations are open this Christmas Day if you are craving tacos over turkeys.
- Denny’s – open 24/7/365 and offering holiday specials in addition to its regular menu.
- Domino’s Pizza – some locations will be closed, and some open this Christmas, so call your local store to find out if they will be delivering.
- Dunkin’ Donuts – many locations will be open with reduced hours if you want to run out and grab a cruller or two.
- McDonald’s – if the Christmas goose turns out dry, you can run out and grab a Big Mac at some locations. You can check its website for details.
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House – open Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, Ruth’s Chris will offer special holiday dinner menus.
- Waffle House – another breakfast hot spot open all day, every day, the Waffle House will be there to serve you on Christmas too.
Whatever your Christmas plans, you have options if you need to run out for last-minute items or want someone else to cook the holiday meal. Don’t forget to call first to ensure your favorite stores are open and during what times as many branches are independently owned and operated.
Hopefully, having a list of available outlets helps take some of the stress off your holiday planning. Whether you’re enjoying a homemade turkey feast or a pepperoni pizza with a latte, have a wonderful Christmas!