But that doesn’t have to be the case. This cool site allows you to learn chess at your own pace by challenging the computer on different levels. From super easy all the way to grandmaster.
Chess.com is one of the most user-friendly chess sites on the web and the best part is it’s free.
Try playing chess against a top chess engine. You can set the level from 1 to 10, from easy to grandmaster. If you get stuck, use a hint or take-back the move.
When you are ready to play games with human players, register for a free Chess.com account and voila, you’ll be playing head-to-head in no time. The site lets you choose to play against the computer, play online with other users, or join a tournament.
If you’ve never played before, the site also has a learning section that teaches you how to play. It goes over things like:
- First steps – This section is a collection of numerous articles dealing with chess.
- Tactics to become a better player.
- Video lessons that will show you moves by masters.
- Drills that show key positions versus the computer, tactical decisions and how to improve positional play.
- Chess openings – Search through over 3,000 opening lines to find the perfect chess opening for you. Explore openings variations and find matching master chess games to study.
- Games – You can look through millions of top games played by the strongest chess players of the past and present. From world chess champions to FIDE masters, you will find an enormous collection of games that you can search, sort and download.
If you’re ready to jump right in and play a game versus the computer, click the link we’ve provided below inside the blue box. If you’re reading this article using the Komando.com app, click here to start playing on Chess.com.