Christmas cards are a great way to get into the holiday spirit and show someone that you care. We’ve figured out how you can do that at home without having to go out and search for the perfect cards.
A decent printer will be essential to make your own Christmas cards. Tap or click here for reasons why you should upgrade your printer!
Buying cards can quickly become expensive and trips out of the house these days can be both a hassle and a risk. We’re going to show you how to make your own Christmas cards, from design to printing to using your own photos and more!
1. How to design the perfect Christmas card
There are many ways to design the Christmas card of your dreams. Your experience will depend on which app you choose to use. Here are some of the most popular card design apps:
- Canva: Available as an app on iOS and Android and a site accessible on desktop, Canva is an online photo editor that makes it effortless to design a Christmas card. Under its templates section, there’s a Holiday Cards option. Once selected, you can choose from a variety of layouts, which you can further customize. It even supports uploading your own photos to use for your cards.
- Fotor: Available as a download for Windows and Mac, a web portal, or as an app on iOS and Android. Fotor is a free online picture editor and graphic designer. It can be used for simple edits on social media pictures to make them pop and give off a professional feel and has a ton of templates and options for creating your own cards from Christmas to birthdays to get well soon and more.
- Adobe Spark Post: Available as a web app or on iOS or Android, Adobe Spark Post is part of Adobe’s Spark suite of online media creation apps. Adobe Spark post focuses on creating graphics, ranging from Christmas cards to flyers to social media posts and more. It’s a little more freeform than Fotor or Canva, allowing you to pull from various looks and formats to create an entirely custom work. Spark Post does have a huge list of templates you can pick from to get started.
2. The best printers for work, school and home
Ink isn’t cheap, and color laser printers are expensive. Epson’s answer to this was to develop an entirely new kind of printer, expanding the traditional selection to include EcoTank printers.
EcoTank printers come with a refillable, high-capacity ink tank you can refill yourself at home. Eliminating the need to replace cartridges with costly, wasteful new ones regularly.
Printing Christmas cards on an EcoTank printer will help you save money on ink and store-bought cards. Tap or click here for more money-saving details on EcoTank printers.
3. Scan your photos efficiently and in high-quality
It can be a major chore to sift through tons of photos and slowly scan them one-by-one onto your computer. Sometimes, you may even discover the scanned image isn’t nearly as high-quality as the photo itself. This is all on top of the fact that the longer your photos sit around, the more they will fade and discolor.
The best way to quickly, easily, and in high-quality preserve your photos is with a scanner up to the task, able to scan photos in 300 or even 600 dpi (dots per inch). Consider picking up an Epson scanner, which is perfect for scanning photos and can scan up to 150 photos in five minutes. Tap or click here to learn all about the Epson FastFoto scanner!
4. What to do if you don’t want to go full DIY
If you’re just not ready to take on a new project this year, you can still customize cards online. Services like Minted allow you to choose a design, tweak it as much as you want and have the cards shipped to you.
Whether you’re ready to start printing your own cards or you opt for another solution, upgrading your printer is always going to be a good call. Tap or click here for the best printer options for busy families.