Getting fit is always a noble goal, any time of the year. But it's all too easy to make a plan, and much harder to keep to it. However, there are ways to help you focus and stay on track.
Fitness trackers and smartwatches can really help. One thing that might scare you away is the cost. Good news, there's a new less-expensive Fitbit to get you started.
Get healthy with the Fitbit Versa Lite
Did you know that Fitbit doesn't just make fitness trackers? It also has a line of smartwatches.
If you're familiar with the technology, you know it'll cost you over $200 for a smartwatch in most cases. A new Apple Watch could run you nearly $800. (Bonus: Click here to read our article on the best smartwatches to buy.)
Now, Fitbit offers the Versa Lite Edition in its line of smartwatches. And get this, you can buy one for $159.95. This new smartwatch has many of the same features you'd find on more expensive versions.
Here are some Versa Lite features:
- Steps and calories - Track steps, distance, active minutes and calories burned
- Sleep tracking - Track sleep duration and stages (light, deep, REM)
- 24/7 heart rate - See your heart rate zones, resting heart rate trends and more
- Swim Proof - Water resistant to 50M for wear in the pool, shower and ocean
- Real-time pace and distance - Connect to your phone's GPS to see stats on your wrist during runs and rides
- Notifications - Get call, text and smartphone app notifications when phone is nearby. (Android users can send quick replies.)
- Apps and clock faces - Hundreds of apps for workouts, sports, weather and more and clock face designs
Take a look at the video below to see the entire line of Fitbit Versa smartwatches:
Keep in mind, the Versa Lite is an entry-level smartwatch. It doesn't have all the amazing functions that you'll find on the Apple Watch Series 4, which is the top of the line. The Series 4 even has the potentially life-saving feature that lets you take an electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG) directly from your wrist.
But if you're just looking to take your first step into the smartwatch market, the Fitbit Versa Lite might be the way to go.
There are a few more new options to choose from, also. Fitbit is also coming out with an Inspire for $69.95, Inspire HR for $99.95, and one for kids - the Ace 2 for $70.
Fitness tracker vs. smartwatch, which is better for you?
Fitness goals can be difficult to measure. You can watch your weight, time your workouts, and see how you feel overall, but an assist from the right technology can help you assess your progress and keep you motivated at the same time. The most convenient fitness-tracking tech can be worn right on your wrist or tucked into your workout clothes, but which gadget is right for you?