Baby, it's cold outside ... depending on where you live. Regardless, it's still a great time of year to barricade yourself indoors and binge-watch a little Netflix. Or a lot.
Besides, it's almost December and all kinds of new movies and TV shows are soon to be added (check that out here) - but don't forget about Christmas. December or not, Netflix has already got the fix for your Christmas movie addiction. In fact, you could watch a Christmas movie every day from now until the beginning of the year and still not have to watch the same one twice.
But because there are so many already streaming, how do you decide which ones to watch? If you're looking for a little help, you've come to the right place. I've put together a list of some of the best Christmas movies currently available to stream on Netflix.
Netflix is in the holiday spirit
What's the best Christmas movie of all time? Of course, there's really no way to answer that; everyone has their favorites. And not all the greats are on Netflix anyway. But here's a list of some of the most popular Christmas movies available to stream on the service right now.
1. A CLASSIC: "White Christmas" (1954)
- Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye and Rosemary Clooney star in this holiday classic about two singers and a sister act who plan a Christmas miracle to save a failing country inn owned by the singers' former commander in World War II.
- This one seems to bring out a lot of differing opinions, not only about the film itself but whether it should even be categorized as a Christmas movie. But love it or hate it, it's filled to the brim with a star-studded cast of your favorite British actors including Colin Firth, Emma Thompson, Liam Neeson, Hugh Grant, Bill Nighy and the late Alan Rickman. That's just naming a few. The movie takes place in London a month before Christmas and follows the lives of eight couples, all dealing with the same emotion: love.
3. BRAND NEW: "The Christmas Chronicles" (2018)
- Kurt Russell as Santa Claus? Somehow, it really works. This Netflix Original centers around a brother and sister who plan to capture Santa on Christmas Eve. Of course it doesn't go to plan, and becomes a tale of saving Christmas. This was only released to the masses a few days ago, so it's unclear if it will become a Christmas viewing tradition for years to come.
- The Christmas classic is brought to life as the Grinch (played by Jim Carrey) tries to ruin Christmas for all of Whoville. Ron Howard directs.
- Here's another live-action adaptation, this one based on Tchaikovsky's famous ballet. In this one, extra large toys and mice come after a young girl. To the rescue comes the Nutcracker Prince, played by Macaulay Culkin - proving he did something other than the Home Alone films.
- It's like a Hallmark movie, but this one was released by Netflix last year. In a nutshell, a reporter goes undercover as a tutor to get the scoop on a prince destined to be king ... and love ensues. It may not have even been a hit had Netflix not sent what many regarded as a creepy tweet.
To the 53 people who've watched A Christmas Prince every day for the past 18 days: Who hurt you?
— Netflix US (@netflix) December 11, 2017
- Put the kids to bed before hitting play on this dark comedy. Billy Bob Thornton headlines the movie, about a man and his partner in crime who pose as a mall Santa and elf each year to burglarize the stores at night. But there might be hope for his character after all ...
- A sequel, "Bad Santa 2," was released 13 years later in 2016 and is also available to stream on Netflix. Both films are rated R.
8. A MOVIE OR HOLIDAY SPECIAL? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯: "A Very Murray Christmas" (2015)
- In what's billed as a Christmas musical comedy, Bill Murray stars as ... Bill Murray. On Christmas Eve, Bill is set to put on a live Christmas special, but a massive snowstorm causes most of his guests to cancel. His producers convince him that the show must go on, however, and a number of special guests show up along the way.
- In order to save her family's Smoky Mountain farm, a woman calls in a favor from her ex-boyfriend, who's now a country music star.
When Santa accidentally misses one child, it's up to St. Nick's youngest son to save the day. James McAvoy stars as the voice of Arthur in this computer-animated film.
- A Christmas Star (2015)
- An American Christmas Carol (2013)
- Christmas Inheritance (2017)
- Dear Santa (2011)
- Get Santa (2014)
- Holiday Breakup (2016)
- The Holiday Calendar (2018)
- Holiday Engagement (2011)
- How Sarah Got Her Wings (2015)
- Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas (1999)
- Pottersville (2017)
- The Princess Switch (2018)
- The Spirit of Christmas (2015)
- Uncle Nick (2015)
- You Can't Fight Christmas (2017)
What to buy this Christmas
It can be difficult to know exactly what to get your loved ones for Christmas - but tech is typically a safe bet. And new gadgets can be enjoyed at any age.