Have you ever planned a group outing or event but needed everyone to contribute something to the cause? If you have, you are well aware of how difficult it can be.
Besides just hoping everyone steps up to do their part, it's a challenge ensuring that everything that is needed is brought. People may say they are bringing something and forget, or there could be confusion that leads to certain things being doubled or even tripled up on.
Of course, there are ways to work around this potential problem, but they generally involve a good amount of communication and hope that everyone is on the same page. It could be even worse if everyone has to buy what they are bringing, though Amazon is trying to help there.
Stop, collaborate and listen...or shop
The tech giant has added a new feature to its popular shopping site, one that is meant to aid in making collaborative purchases. Whether it's for things needed around the house, a party or a group trip, the tool will go a long way toward everything being purchased but not more than is necessary.
Its addition was pretty subtle, though, as you may not even notice it toward the top-right corner near your tabs for Orders and Prime, as well as your Cart.
In the Amazon app, you will find the Lists feature by tapping in the upper-left corner on the three horizontal bars. Regardless of how you are shopping, the concept is the same.
There are all sorts of lists, including wish lists, collaborative lists, gift registries and more. It is simple both to create your own list to be filled or find another person's.
The only thing you need for either is an Amazon account, and then of course a desire to shop. With those in tow, you will be ready to go.
Once everyone who is asked to join the list does, they will be able to view everything on it as well as add items themselves. They can also remove things from the list as well as receive notifications on updates and have conversations through it and see its history.
This feature is one many have likely been hoping to see for awhile, and now it's here for everyone to take advantage of. So are you ready to give it a shot?
Invite others to collaborate on your list
- Find the list you want to collaborate on (shopping, wish or idea) and after naming it click or tap on "create list"
- On next page, tap or click on "+ Invite" to add people, and on "+ Add Idea to List" to suggest items
- You can also invite people by copying the link to the list and sending it to others, or with "invite by email." If you are using the Amazon app, just tap on "invite" and select the method for which you want invites to be sent.
Join a list you've been invited to help with
- Tap or click on the link that was shared with you
- That's pretty much it. If you are already signed into Amazon you will go right to the page. If you are not you will be asked to sign in, and if you are not a member you will need to sign up.
Speaking of Amazon, here's some Alexa commands you're not using but should be
Now that Alexa will no longer be confined to Amazon products, it's bound to turn up in many more homes. If you don't have an Alexa enabled gadget now, you probably will some day. That's why we're going to tell you about some helpful Alexa commands that you might not know exist. Tap or click here to learn about them.