What's the one question you probably hear every day? For me, it's "what's for dinner?" You would think by now I would have an answer, but I never seem to.
It's so easy to just order out. Now, with delivery services expanding, it's even easier to have whatever meal you want delivered.
But do you really know what's in those restaurant meals you're ordering? The calories, sodium and additives are staggering.
That's why our sponsor HelloFresh is so amazing. It gives you meal delivery, with healthy fresh ingredients, and the control over what's added.
The recipes are done in 40 minutes or less and I get to feel like a gourmet chef in my own kitchen.
Steak Caprese with mozzarella, tomatoes and herbed potatoes
I want to share one of my favorites this week. It's Steak Caprese with mozzarella, tomatoes and herbed potatoes.
Doesn't that sound so much more appealing than a number 6 at the drive-thru?
Everything you need comes in the HelloFresh box, including step-by-step instructions on how to prepare it.
The freshest ingredients
Here's what I got in the box:
24 oz Fingerling Potatoes
10 oz Grape Tomatoes
20 oz Minute Steak
2 Tbsp Balsamic Glaze
2 Tsp Italian Seasoning
8 oz Fresh Mozzarella
1/2 oz Basil
The only things I needed from my own kitchen were the following:
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 Tbsp Butter
- Wash and dry all produce and preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Cut the potatoes into 1-inch cubes.
- Spread the potatoes on a baking sheet and sprinkle with 1 TBSP olive oil and 1 tsp Italian seasoning, add salt, and pepper as you like and toss the potatoes to get them all covered. Roast in oven until browned and tender. It takes about 20-25 minutes and you'll want to toss the potatoes halfway through.
- Cut the tomatoes in half lengthwise and cut the mozzarella into same sized cubes. Mix both with 1 TBSP olive oil in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper and put it aside.
- Pat steak dry with paper towels. Season generously all over with salt and pepper. When the potatoes are halfway done roasting, heat 1 TBSP oil and 1 TBSP butter in a large pan over high heat. Add the steak and cook until browned, 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Pull the basil leaves from the stems and tear into pieces. Add them to the bowl with tomato and mozzarella salad and toss all together.
- Divide the steak between plates, then spoon tomato and mozzarella salad on top. If you like, drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve with potatoes on the side.
Listen to my Komando on Demand podcast this week to learn how everyday people, who love to cook, are making money by sharing those skills online.
Take gorgeous food photos with this camera app
Foodies everywhere will want to check out this app. Think of it as a food-specific Instagram available for both Apple and Android gadgets.
Click here for the foodie app that has more than 26 different filters to make your meals even more mouth-watering.