Dinner made easy! Click here to save $30 off your first HelloFresh box.
If you're like me, planning dinners was always challenging. Between getting my son off to school, heading to work, going in and out of meetings, dinner was the last thing on my mind! It usually wasn't until my drive home that I would begin to stress about what we were going to have. Did I actually have anything in the fridge, or was it in the freezer and I forgot to take it out? Hmmm, take out, yup that's where it usually ended up, with me on the phone, ordering something to go!
It's not that I don't like cooking, I actually love it. It's the planning and prepping that escapes me every time! That's why I was so excited to try HelloFresh. Now I have time to try recipes I would never have because the fresh ingredients are at my doorstep and the meals take less than 45 minutes to get on the table.
My family and I like to try different things, and this week my favorite recipe is the Chicken-Pineapple Quesadillas. So good!!
All of your ingredients come in the HelloFresh box.
1 red onion
1 green bell pepper
4 oz pineapple chunks
6 oz chicken breast
1 Roma tomato
1/4 oz Cilantro
1 Tbsp Southwest blend spice
3 Flour tortillas
1 cup mozarella cheese
2 Tbsp sour cream
The only additions you need from your kitchen are salt, pepper and vegetable oil.
6 Easy Steps
- Wash and dry your tomato and produce. Preheat broiler to high or oven to 500 degrees. Chop 2 TBSP of red onion, then set this aside in a small bowl. Chop bell pepper. Drain pineapple. Cut chicken into ½-inch cubes.
- Drizzle oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and pepper and cook for about 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add pineapple and cook for 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from pan and set aside.
- While your veggies are cooking, finely chop tomato and cilantro and mix in a bowl, then squeeze half a lime over it and mix.
- Drizzle oil in the same pan you used for the veggies, add your chicken and Southwest spice. Toss and cook chicken for 3-4 minutes (so it's no longer pink in the middle). Season with salt and pepper. Bring the veggies back in the pan and squeeze lime over it all. Add the rest of the cilantro, and toss. Then remove pan from heat.
- Take 2 tortillas and rub one side of each with a little bit of oil. Place oiled-side down on a baking sheet. Sprinkle half the mozzarella on tortillas in an even layer. Add the filling and then sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella on top. Fold tortillas in half to make two quesadillas.
- Broil or bake the quesadillas for 1-2 minutes, until golden brown then flip it and brown the other side. Cut them into wedges, and serve with pico de gallo and sour cream on the side.
These quesadillas are sweet but tangy. The pineapple gives it a tropical feel and it has a little Southwest spice (just a little kick). The combination of flavors is something I probably wouldn't have come up with on my own. But now, I'm my family's own gourmet chef and it's so much better and healthier than take-out!
HelloFresh made it really easy too, aside from the fresh ingredients, they include step-by-step instructions on how to prepare it and they even break down what kitchen gadgets I need for the dish.
Let me know if you give it a try and what you think!
HelloFresh's easy way to go vegetarian
Trying to limit how much meat you eat? Doctors say even substituting one or two nights a week with a vegetarian meal is good for your health. Click here for easy ways to make vegetarian meals.