For many people, making $25 per hour is a dream. That would be $52,000 per year. In the U.S., the median wage is a bit lower at about $21.25 per hour. Now could you imagine making that every second?
Doing the math, for a 40-hour work week, you would pull in roughly $159 million per year! That is a crazy amount of money. But it's fun to dream right?
Wait until you see what big companies make per second, 24 hours per day.
How much big companies make
1. Apple - $1,444.76 per second. It is the clear winner by almost double of what the next company makes. It equals about $5.2 million per hour for a yearly profit of $45.7 billion!
2. JPMorgan Chase - $782.14 per second. They made a total of $24.7 billion last year.
3. Berkshire Hathaway - $761.30 per second. There is a reason investors look up to Warren Buffet.
4. Wells Fargo - $693.75 per second. Not too shabby with $21.9 billion for the year, it pays to be the bank!
5. Alphabet - $615.96 per second. If that name doesn't ring a bell, just Google it. ?
6. Bank of America - $566.24 per second. Three banks in the top 6! 'Nuff said.
7. Microsoft - $531.21 per second. Chances are you are using something from Microsoft right now to read this.
8. Johnson & Johnson - $523.05 per second. That's a lot of Band-Aids and baby shampoo.
9. Citigroup - $471.56 per second. Keep on swiping those credit cards!
10. Altria Group - $450.28 per second. OK, so I had to Google this company but let's just say they are smoking it regardless.
Here is a look at the top 25 companies.
(Image Credit: TitleMax)
I think I would be just fine with making $21.25 per second. But at the same time, I probably wouldn't even know what to do with that much money.
Another thing I found interesting about the top companies, they are all over the place. It's not just one industry, they're located everywhere, some old, some young, some loved, some hated. They all just make a lot of cash. By the time you finish this article - Apple just made another $133K!