How will you get the best deals on Thanksgiving weekend? Will you shop on Black Friday, or possibly Cyber Monday? Maybe you will have to ditch your family early on Thanksgiving to get the deal that you really want.
Not all of the best deals are on Black Friday. Department stores have learned to drag out the deals for the weekend to ease the crowds. That TV you want may actually only be available Thanksgiving evening. Maybe Cyber Monday will be the best time to find the deal you want.
Let's check out when some of your favorite stores may be open this weekend.
Plan your strategy
Well, it seems that the results are in and the best shopping day is actually Thanksgiving Day itself. You may not be happy about that if you're planning on spending the day with the family and don't want to miss out. But sometimes standing in line for hours can be just as good of a bonding experience as arguing over the dinner table. Let's take a look at a few of the major outlets that will be opening their doors on Thanksgiving day.
Here is a short list:
- Best Buy – Thanksgiving 5 p.m. to 1 a.m. Black Friday
- Big Lots -7 a.m. to midnight
- Cabela’s – 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Dick’s Sporting Goods – Thanksgiving 6 p.m. to 2 a.m. Black Friday
- JCPenney – Thanksgiving 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. Black Friday
- Kohl’s – Thanksgiving 5 p.m. to 1 p.m. CT Black Friday
- Kmart – Opens 6 a.m.; Doorbusters Thanksgiving 6 p.m. to 2 p.m. Black Friday; Some stores to close at 12 a.m. or 2 a.m. and reopen at 6 a.m. Friday
- Macy’s – Thanksgiving 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. Black Friday or Thanksgiving 5 p.m. to 2 a.m. Black Friday before reopening at 6 a.m. Friday. Doorbusters until Friday at 1 p.m.
- Michaels – 6 p.m. to 12 a.m.; Opens at 5 p.m. for Rewards members
- Target – 6 p.m. to 12 a.m.
- Toys R Us – Thanksgiving 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. Black Friday
- Walmart – 6 p.m.
Remember that Black Friday deals will all be on a first come, first served basis. If you have something you really want from one of these stores, and you plan on going out early morning Friday to stand in line, it may be fruitless. That TV may have been sold out completely to those who sacrificed their Thanksgiving to stand in line.
If you are a family person, and can't justify spending your Thanksgiving in a line outside Kohl's, there are a few things you won't need to worry about. Most Toys, Android devices, and clothing items have their best deals reserved for Friday itself, and Kitchen appliances, Laptops, and a lot of small electronics will have their best deals on Cyber Monday.
Special Cyber Monday Reminder
Join Kim on her live and interactive streaming event on Cyber Monday. The event we are calling KSN, (Komando Shopping Network) will be streamed live on Facebook, Komando.com, and YouTube and will feature some of Kim's favorite gadgets and tech gifts available this year.
Kim has hand-selected these products and will be promoting special deals that are only available during the event. Some of these awesome gadgets will even be discounted up to $50 off!
Join Kim Live for one hour only at 6:00 p.m., November 27 for a great live show.
Make sure to bookmark THIS PAGE and tune in for these great deals and a fun interaction with Kim.
Black Friday deals now on Amazon
We've got a sneak peek at savings of up to $30 off some of this year's most sought-after Christmas gifts. No matter who you're shopping for, whether family, friends or coworkers, they'll be thrilled to open these hot tech devices. Click here to check out some of the best Amazon deals this year.