Leave a comment

Teen dies from using smartphone while taking a bath

Teen dies from using smartphone while taking a bath
© Izzzy71/Dreamstime

There's nothing more important than the safety of a child. Keeping them safe is the number one priority for any parent or grandparent.

That's why you need to know about this tragic story. A Texas teenager lost her life over the weekend while charging her smartphone.

Madison Coe, a 14-year-old from Lubbock, died Sunday at her father's house in New Mexico. Coe's family said she was electrocuted while taking a bath. The girl either plugged the phone into an outlet while she was in the bathtub or just grabbed the phone while it was already plugged in.

Image: Madison Coe (Source: GoFundMe)

Madison's grandmother Donna O'Guinn told KCBD-TV, "There was a burn mark on her hand, the hand that would have grabbed the phone. And that was just very obvious that that's what happened. This is such a tragedy that doesn't need to happen to anyone else. And we want something good to come out of this as awareness of not using your [cellphone] in the bathroom as it is plugged in and charging."

Madison's stepmother, Felisha Owens, told KRQE News 13 that, "The bathroom is a place for showers and personal time and your phones don't belong in the bathroom. Electricity and water do not mix. All it takes is a drop."

That's sound advice, and not just for kids. Everyone needs to be extremely careful dealing with electronics near water, tragedy can strike at any moment.

More stories you can't miss:

How to see what the kids are doing on their phones

New Facebook friend request hoax spreading - Is it a scam?

How to stop your smart TV from spying on you

Next Story
Source: KCBD
More ads coming to Facebook
Previous Happening Now

More ads coming to Facebook

Do computer games improve your cognitive skills?
Next Happening Now

Do computer games improve your cognitive skills?

View Comments ()