It's going to be a big year in the world of gadgets. As you may know, 2017 is the 10-year anniversary of the iPhone, so we're expecting a magnificent new model to be released in the fall.
Apple will also be coming out with new MacBooks and iPads. Not to be outdone, Microsoft just unveiled its new Surface Pro and it's spectacular! Some may consider it to be the Macbook killer.
What to expect with Microsoft's Surface Pro
Microsoft said its new Surface Pro is the most versatile laptop ever made. Of course, it's actually a tablet that can be transformed into a laptop by opening the built-in kickstand and adding the new Surface Pro Signature Type Cover, giving the user a full keyboard experience.
You can also put the gadget into Studio Mode by lowering the kickstand. This puts the device in the perfect writing and drawing angle, which you can do with the Surface Pen.
The new Surface Pro has a battery life that lasts up to 13.5 hours, which is 50 percent longer than the Surface Pro 4. The m3 and i5 models feature a new fanless cooling system, plus improved hybrid cooling on the i7 model, so you can work or stream your favorite shows in silence.
Take a look at the following demonstration video to see the Surface Pro in action:
There are three different Surface Pro models to choose from, the Intel Core m3, i5 and i7. They range in price from $799 to $2,699.
Here are some of the available specs:
- Software - Windows 10 Pro
- Storage - Solid state drive (SSD) options: 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, or 1TB
- Display - Screen: 12.3-inch PixelSense Display. Resolution: 2736 x 1824 (267 PPI). Touch: 10 point multi-touch
- Battery life - Up to 13.5 hours of video playback
- Processor - Intel 7th Gen Core m3, i5, i7
- Memory - 4GB, 8GB, 16GB RAM
- Cameras, video and audio - Windows Hello face sign-in camera (front facing). 5.0MP front-facing camera with 1080p HD video. Stereo microphones. Stereo speakers with Dolby Audio Premium.
If you think the Surface Pro is for you, pre-orders are being accepted now. It will be available in the U.S. on June 15, 2017.