What's your next move?
- Have your child delete their i-Dressup account - When data breaches occur, changing the password for the affected site is recommended. In this case, since the vulnerability is still active, changing the password won't help. Deleting the account is the safest thing you can do.
- Check email account security settings - Make sure the email account associated with the i-Dressup account has updated security settings.
- Be aware of email scams - Let your children know that if their email address was affected by the data breach, they could start receiving scam emails. Cybercriminals could try impersonating site representatives to try and trick them to click on a malicious link.
- Don't use the same password on multiple sites - It's a good idea for you and your children to get in the habit of creating unique passwords for each site. If you're using the same password on multiple sites, you should go to each site and change them. Here's a tip on how to create a strong secure password.
- Have strong security software - Having a strong security solution on your family's gadgets is very important. The best defense against digital threats is strong security software.