Love it or hate it, the selfie is a staple of pop culture these days. It solidified its position when it became an official word in the dictionary back in 2014.
Seeing as selfie is an official part of the English language, it was only a matter of time that the word evolved, became slang, and has its own spin-offs. It's just how language works.
With that in mind, people have been coming up with wacky new names for their own self-portraits. Here are the top 12, along with their definitions from Urban Dictionary:
- Belfie - A photographic self-portrait featuring the buttocks of the person who is taking the picture.
- Felfie - A photo taken of a family by one of the family members in the photo.
- Shelfie - A picture or portrait of your bookshelf. Showcasing literature in all its glory.
- Petfie - A selfie taken with your pet.
- Suglie - A self-portrait in which you're purposely trying to look as ugly as possible.
- Welfie - It is a photographic self-portrait taken while working out. Typically, welfies are posted on social media networks (usually Instagram).
- Drelfie - Drunk + Selfie = Dreflie! A selfie (usually photographed on some sort of mobile device) taken in a state of intoxication.
- Wealthy Selfie - A self-posted image to social media that features a flashy display of large quantities of money.
- Groupfie - A group of people taking candid photos of themselves, usually with their own phones.
- Helfie - A helfie is a photographic self-portrait featuring the hair of the person clicking the picture.
- Ussie - A self-inflicted group photo; when the participant of a group photo also acts as the picture taker.
- Youfie - A youfie is when you take a photo of someone else you either know or do not know when they are not expecting it.
There you have it! You're now hip and up-to-date on all the crazy ways you can take a selfie. Are there any we missed? Let us know by posting in the comments below.