Beyond texting and making calls, there are so many things that you can do with your smartphone. There are over 4 million apps that you can find in either the Apple App Store or in Google Play. That is more entertainment at your fingertips than I could have ever imagined.
But are you taking advantage of everything that your gadget has to offer? I will tell you about a hidden menu in millions of phones that you probably didn't know was there.
If you have an Android phone, you might be able to access some experimental features. Google has a hidden menu in many phones called the System UI Tuner. If your phone has the secret menu, it allows you to check out some features that could be standard on future versions of Android.
Activating the System UI Tuner:
- Pull down the Quick Settings menu.
- Hold down the gear icon in the upper-right corner until it begins to spin. This can take around 7 seconds.
- Once you let go you will see a notification saying: Congrats! System UI Tuner has been added to Settings.
- You should now see a wrench symbol located next to the gear icon.
Accessing the System UI Tuner:
- Go into Settings.
- Look in the System section. It will be near the bottom of the page.
- Open the System UI Tuner.
The first time you open the feature you will see a warning that says: "System UI Tuner gives you extra ways to tweak and customize the Android user interface. These experimental features may change, break, or disappear in future releases. Proceed with caution."