Apple's next big event isn't taking place until September, but that hasn't stopped anyone from speculating about Apple's much-anticipated, even bigger event in 2017.
Looking ahead, 2017 is the iPhone's 10-year anniversary, so everyone is expecting more from next year's release, even though we haven't seen this year's model yet.
The iPad is no different. Not much is expected to change in this year's upgrades, but much like with the iPhone in 2017, we can expect big and dramatic changes.
Here are the latest rumors coming from securities analyst KGI Ming-Chi Kuo:
There will be three new iPad models
- The iPad Pro 2 will have a 12.9-inch display.
- A low-cost iPad will have a 9.7-inch display.
- Last, but by no means least, a new iPad Pro with a never-before-seen 10.5-inch display.
- On top of that, there's also talk that the display screens will reach end-to-end.
- The three models will have an A10X processor.
- The iPad Mini could be discontinued early.
- The iPad, along with the iPhone, could be adopting "revolutionary" OLED technology with a flexible screen by 2018.
If you're looking to buy a new iPad, you might want to wait just a bit longer. Same thing with the iPhone. The changes will be more dramatic and game-changing in 2017.