The iPhone 7 is expected to be released this fall and rumors have been swirling for a while. As usual, Apple is being pretty tight-lipped about improvements that they will make to the smartphone.
We have been hearing that there won't be any dramatic changes to the next iPhone. Instead, the tech giant will save major design changes for the 10-year anniversary of the iPhone in 2017. Even if that is the case, one exciting feature that users have been wanting for years might be coming this fall.
There is a rumor circulating that the iPhone 7 will have better battery life. The increase in capacity could be around 15 percent more than that of the iPhone 6s. This would be great for users that want a better battery but don't want to get the larger versions of the iPhone to get it.
— Steve H. (@OnLeaks) July 13, 2016
Here are some of the other speculations we've heard so far:
- Displays will remain at 4.7 and 5.5 inches.
- The headphone jack is gone. This is big news. It means that big changes are coming to the headphone industry, where more manufacturers may be making headphones that connect through the lightening port.
- Wireless earbuds. Since Apple is doing away with the headphone jack, it's believed that new wireless earbuds, or maybe Bluetooth, will come in place of the standard earbuds Apple typically includes.
- Dual-camera models are coming. Rumors have been spreading recently about the dual-camera feature on at least a few models. It's now believed that this feature will be included in an upgrade option on all of the new 5.5-inch models.
- Waterproofing. This particular feature is still just a rumor, but word is spreading that this may be coming with the iPhone 7 this fall.
- Optical image stabilization. Rumors of this feature have also been spreading, claiming the 4.7-inch models will now have image stabilization. This feature was previously believed to only be in the 5.5-inch models.
- Design. The design should stay the same for the most part. You can see leaked images of what it could look like here, here and here, or take a look below.