Earlier this month, we shared some reasons why you might want to hold off on buying a the new iPhone 7. But Apple's most recent news may have just given us a few reasons to change our minds. We've got the specs. Check them out, and see what you think.
Before we dive in, we wanted to remind you of the photos that were recently leaked of the iPhone 7's design. They show some big changes from the original designs that had been previously rumored. (Click here to read the full story, if you missed it.)
As far as the latest news on the iPhone 7, here's what we know so far:
- The headphone jack is gone. We mentioned this earlier this month when CAD drawings of the design were leaked online. This is big news. It means that big changes are coming to the headphone industry, where more manufacturers may be making headphones that connect through the lightening port.
- Dual-camera models are coming. Rumors have been spreading recently about the dual-camera feature on at least a few models. It's now believed that this feature will be included in an upgrade option on all of the new 5.5-inch models.
- Waterproofing. This particular feature is still just a rumor, but word is spreading that this may be coming with the iPhone 7 this fall.
- Optical image stabilization. Rumors of this feature have also been spreading, claiming the 4.7-inch models will now have image stabilization. This feature was previously believed to only be in the 5.5-inch models.
- Wireless earbuds. Since Apple is doing away with the headphone jack, it's unclear what types of accessories will come with the phone. It's believed that new wireless earbuds will come in place of the standard earbuds Apple typically includes. But, it could also be some type of Bluetooth headphones.
So, what do you think? Are these features enough to get you excited? Let us know in the comments.