Leave a comment

Another phone goes up in flames

Another phone goes up in flames
photo courtesy of shutterstock

We've heard stories of phones exploding before. iPhones, Samsungs and other Android models have all had incidents - from being left charging with faulty or third-party chargers, or being smothered by a pillow or running too many programs.

What's more troubling is that the problem is becoming more common and in some cases there is not much we can do to prevent it.

Take this week's incident involving a high school student in Cherry Hill, New Jersey, who had her iPhone 6 overheat and explode in class, burning through 12 pages of her standard spiral notebook. The phone wasn't being used at the time and wasn't plugged in or charging.

Photos of the exploded phone were posted to the Cherry Hill Fire Department's Facebook page, encouraging anyone who experiences anything similar to contact their local fire department.

Once the incident is reported to the fire department, you'll have an official record and report to send to the device manufacturer for compensation, as well as the Consumer Product Safety Commission.

Next Story
Source: Consumerist
Build with Legos right on your computer or laptop (VIDEO)
Previous Happening Now

Build with Legos right on your computer or laptop (VIDEO)

Free Komando On Demand Podcast: This one change will make computers smarter than we are
Next Happening Now

Free Komando On Demand Podcast: This one change will make computers smarter than we are

View Comments ()