Leave a comment

Woman's tragic death by cellphone - Is yours faulty, too?

Woman's tragic death by cellphone - Is yours faulty, too?
photo courtesy of SHUTTERSTOCK

Unfortunately, it's not the first time we've seen mobile phones cause major damage, serious injuries and even death. It's happened with iPhones and it's happened with Android phones.

A 30-year-old woman in Malaysia named Suhana Mohamad died while she was talking on her cellphone while it was plugged in and charging. According to sources, Mohamad was electrocuted. Even worse, she died on her birthday.

In the previous instances of death by cellphone, faulty chargers were to blame. Some were third-party chargers, while others were official chargers from the manufacturer. In this particular case, it's not yet known what type of phone Mohamad was using, or what type of charger was in play.

While instances are few, they still happen. Here are a few tips:

  • It's important to make sure you use official chargers and not knockoffs.
  • You'll also want to make sure your gadget has room to breathe. For example, keep it out of your bed and out from under pillows. In fact, don't have it in bed at all.
  • Also, unplug your phone before you use it.
  • When it's plugged in, keep its use to a minimum to prevent overheating.
Next Story
The world's most popular music site exposes your personal details
Previous Happening Now

The world's most popular music site exposes your personal details

Scary new Facebook scam uses your stolen ID to attack your Friends list
Next Happening Now

Scary new Facebook scam uses your stolen ID to attack your Friends list

View Comments ()